Help › Forums

3 wedges no hybrid

Tue, Feb 2 2021 12:37 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Sinkmyputt
    2 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 12:48 PM

Hi all,

unlike my real golf bag, I am now forced to carry a hybrid and sacrifice my 64 degree wedge, this has messed my distance spacing on the clubs I have purchased, I won’t play until I can choose my clubs properly, unless anyone knows how to break my starter hybrid..

any clues for a fix ?      Thanks.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 2:20 PM

If I understand you correctly, you're having trouble equipping your wedge. Is that correct? If so, check out this thread:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/564102/3820556.aspx#3820556

and this YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeJHte-jrys&feature=youtu.be

Credit for the YouTube goes to AussieMick11.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 2:26 PM

Why are u being f0rced?

• Sinkmyputt
    2 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2019 2:32 AM

Hi, there was an amazing quick response from customer support on this issue, which is now resolved, my life is back in order... 👌 thanks to all... 

p.s. I felt I was being forced to use a hybrid because I couldn’t get it out of my bag..

Thanks again.. Sinkmyputt...

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2019 11:57 AM

A beginner mode update was done a bit ago to make it more streamline for new players, where rentals would automatically be replaced by the same club type in their bag after the rental was over. This was to fix an issue where when a rental expired, that spot in your bag would remain empty.

Unfortunately, it switched everyone to this beginner mode so to get back to being able to equip 3 wedges in your bag, you would need to switch to advanced mode and then you would be able to equip clubs freely instead of having designated spots for each club type.

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• ShivasIrons999
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 10:55 AM

Hi all,

unlike my real golf bag, I am now forced to carry a hybrid and sacrifice my 64 degree wedge, this has messed my distance spacing on the clubs I have purchased, I won’t play until I can choose my clubs properly, unless anyone knows how to break my starter hybrid..

any clues for a fix ?      Thanks.

[/quote]

This problem appears to be back in 2021 - my 60 degree wedge was replaced by hybrid over night ... any word on why and if we are now stuck with an unwanted hybrid?[quote user="Sinkmyputt"]

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 10:24 AM

@ShivasIrons999

The information posted earlier in this thread should still work to resolve the issue. Are you saying you tried it, and it didn't work?

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 12:16 PM

ShivasIrons999:
    my 60 degree wedge was replaced by hybrid over night ... any word on why and if we are now stuck with an unwanted hybrid?

This happened to me as well 5 or 6 days ago. After finally downloading the new version and playing a quick 9 on Andy to see what it was like, without clicking on or touching anything except one trip into settings to change the putting to classic before I teed off.

Couple hours later I played a club tournament back on the flash version, had the need for my trusty ol' 64 degree wedge and it wasn't in my bag. But a starter hybrid with 7 years of dust on it was in there for some reason. Go figure.

• reggie7900
    911 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 1:16 PM

Go into settings advanced settings you can change it there hope this helps. 

Kevin. 

• mikegooner0
    13,841 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 2:57 PM

Click Settings... then in "General".....have your "Customized Equipment" set at advanced.....other wise WGT will put the hybrid in your bag instead of a wedge under normal ....

• PAGES
RSS