Help › Forums

people chipping.pitching,punching on greens

Thu, Aug 18 2022 11:03 AM (66 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 10:01 AM

BigBlockVettes:
    it,s everyday players on the PGA Tour are scoring 48, 49 low 50,s lol

I get what you are saying… but I bet every single elite player on WGT -- WISHES they could hit their beloved 3wd as well as Rory did on hole 18 recently.

believe the shot starts at the 10:30 mark... just phenomenal shot... in one of the videos I watched, I think they mentioned it was 280 plus to carry the green and something like another 18 to the pin... that means he flushed his 3wd nearly 300y from the fairway and got it to land softly.

imagine pros with the precision of dialing in irons and wedges to exact yardages... they already do that on the driving range but they just don't have a swing meter telling them 87% SW here is exactly what I need.

Yes there are differences… but the pros still do things we couldn't dream of doing on the game or in real life 

• BigBlockVettes
    686 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 12:16 PM

No way play them A thousand times, you want do it. To many mistakes in the human swing, despite the term hitting the ball straight you can not hit A straight shot in golf. You have that one round out of thousands & thousands of rounds by many different players & one player will break 60. Sorry from A scratch golfer for many years it ain,t happening.

• AchkataSS
    4 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 5:30 PM

Dumb!!!!! Try to chip it from the green and WGT will punish you ! Try to chip is from the fringe and the shot would be great......so ? Wgt engine is bad for using otyer clubs than putter from the green.I've played with ppl mastering the chips from the green,but they told me they use too much power(much more power than needed).Totally unreal .....fringe allows chipping ,but  chipping from the green means that you exceed the power....nonsense

• Clint2222
    4 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 5:26 PM

I think this is a real stupid question. The same big babies asking this question are the same people that wear a hat that that helps them hit 20 yards further and who have a ball effect that gives them more yards. Last time I hit a ball effect with a real club it exploded on me. Get over it! If we want to play more like real get outside and get some sun! I feel chipping on the green is much more realistic than imaginary apparel that makes you play better. Boohoo!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Dec 2 2019 4:49 AM

BigBlockVettes:
    And we all know how realistic this game is , it,s everyday players on the PGA Tour are scoring 48, 49 low 50,s lol

WTF and where?

“deliverance”

• gogolfgo0
    1,442 Posts
    Mon, Dec 16 2019 6:59 AM

replay.aspx?ID=cf4048dd 288d 425d a9af aa5f000e51fc

So the shot - I developed on my own to overcome excessive grain undulation and or to save birdie / par on some tough hole is equal to:

2 X Yardage +/- 3 yards or  15 yard  =  30 + 3 (33 yards on flat) add subtract for uphill/downhill however downhills can run right on by.

I have best result with a 50 yard lob wedge  - but also can do with a 60 yard.

GO to Putting Green Practice = where I spent a few hours developing distance routine - then dial in picking direction.

• BigBlockVettes
    686 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2020 4:36 PM

////

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 12:18 PM

BigBlockVettes:

Stating this game is not relistic in the sense that the best players on the PGA don,t score like some of the stupid low scores on wgt. Read what i said not what you think idiot.

I don't know who you are talking to but this a computer game , Not real golf .  You cant compare the two .  Calling people names shows more about you than anything else .  

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 1:56 PM

RSS