Thu, Aug 18 2022 11:03 AM (66 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 12:48 PM

x1

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 10:20 PM
    Doesn't work on WGT but I do it all the time on real grass, at least within 10 feet of the green. So did Arnie. So did Jack. If the grass is short and there isn't a lot of crap in the way I find the putter gets it closer than any of my wedges.
    adrob2:

Never tried as wedges are so accurate, but should try it sometime.  Do it all the time on "real" courses:)

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 4:11 AM

I have putted from the fairway a few times . Mostly on # 13 BPB and any where there is no rough between my ball and the fringe. Also done it a few times on # 7 @ St. Andrews front pin.

• BigBlockVettes
    686 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2019 7:04 AM

It,s not unfair to play the shots you are speaking of, You have the right to learn them & use them you can,t punish other players for using them it,s fair & no PGA rules aganist it

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 3:47 AM

Yep  its in the rules but notice how Wgt had crippled the wedges when on the green,I wonder why

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Mar 16 2019 4:22 PM

Hi

Tigerpaw509:

Yep  its in the rules but notice how Wgt had crippled the wedges when on the green, I wonder why

Dangit!! near brought on a panic attack, crippled wedging on the greens !
    I think that must have happened in an update, I never noticed and it seems to be fixed now.

Cheers!

Rich

• Fenixcats
    21 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 6:15 PM

Official Rules from PGA - learn them, it helps

Rules FAQ

Rule 14-1

Using Club other than Putter on Putting Green?

Q.Is it permissible to use a club other than a putter to play a stroke on the putting green?

A.Yes, the Rules of Golf do not stipulate the type of club that must be used for making a stroke on the putting green or anyplace else on the golf course.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 1:06 PM

Well, the cry babies got to wgt.  WGT  changed the use of wedges on the greens, with this last update. Android users beware, there is no longer any use of backspin on the greens, and so far, Apple users aren't effected, at this time. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 2:14 PM

Luckystar5:
    WGT  changed the use of wedges on the greens, with this last update. Android users beware,

WOW... and UGH... it was a valuable shot to have in the bag.  

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 2:18 PM

Luckystar5:

Well, the cry babies got to wgt.  WGT  changed the use of wedges on the greens, with this last update. Android users beware, there is no longer any use of backspin on the greens, and so far, Apple users aren't effected, at this time. 

I have not played the new PC version - do you mean they took away the advantage of mobile users to have backspin on wedges on the green or just the new PC version?

RSS