Forums

Help › Forums

people chipping.pitching,punching on greens

Thu, Aug 18 2022 11:03 AM (66 replies)
  • juDAVEst
    568 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 2:22 AM

I and others think that if we the Wutter players get too good they ...wgt...will probably stop wedge use for everyone which in my humble opinion isn't such a bad thing as deep down I was always more a putter man then a wutter guy.....after all it would make it fairer for everyone ......keep hitting well guys TC.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 8:03 PM

juDAVEst:

I and others think that if we the Wutter players get too good they ...wgt...will probably stop wedge use for everyone which in my humble opinion isn't such a bad thing as deep down I was always more a putter man then a wutter guy.....after all it would make it fairer for everyone ......keep hitting well guys TC.

I think they will continue to allow use of any club anywhere on the course.  That is the decision they apparently made for the PC version a few years ago (to remove option for backspin on green) and I think they are just making things as consistent as possible as the two versions basically merge.

We will have to wait and see.

Besides, I would call it a pudge instead of a wutter.   

• juDAVEst
    568 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 5:00 AM

Pudge......I like it .....but I prefer wutt,wutter,wuttering....lol.....but I might start saying to fellow players I'm going to use my Pudge  :):)

• duckfan1976
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 3:48 PM

Exactly! They take something totally legal away yet won’t resolve the can’t hit out of a fairway bunker more then 80 yds issue cause that’s realistic!! It’s the day and age we live in always somebody else’s fault! Tell you what worry about your own game and I’ll worry about mine I’ve got the best caddy in the world to repair my divots on the greens.

• 3PuttsMostly
    1 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2019 12:56 PM

Sometimes our errant approach shots place us looking at 100 feet of green with double breaks and mogul bumps, making it a matter of luck to putt it close. It’s more sensible to take all that terrain out of play by lobbing over it. I do wish spin would be allowed.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 8:26 AM

3PuttsMostly:

Sometimes our errant approach shots place us looking at 100 feet of green with double breaks and mogul bumps, making it a matter of luck to putt it close. It’s more sensible to take all that terrain out of play by lobbing over it. I do wish spin would be allowed.

Having bs would be nice for those downhill shots; but remember the PC brigade’s voice has always been stronger than mobile’s, so it’s not really a surprise. Besides, just re-map your wedges and allow for roll-out. 

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 8:33 AM

duckfan1976:

Exactly! They take something totally legal away yet won’t resolve the can’t hit out of a fairway bunker more then 80 yds issue cause that’s realistic!! It’s the day and age we live in always somebody else’s fault! Tell you what worry about your own game and I’ll worry about mine I’ve got the best caddy in the world to repair my divots on the greens.

In WGT, sand lies are always given a percentage. You never see a ball with a clean lie like in real life. Even PGAT pros have problems advancing the ball if they have a fried egg. 

Secondly, given the circumstances you CAN hit the ball far in a bunker. If you have a 10-15% lie and a bunker with a shallow lip just punch it with 3I. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 10:32 PM

fobby1980:

Having bs would be nice for those downhill shots; but remember the PC brigade’s voice has always been stronger than mobile’s, so it’s not really a surprise. Besides, just re-map your wedges and allow for roll-out. 

I am not so sure that PC vs mobile has anything to do with the apparent recent change on mobile.  I was not here, but I understand bs was once allowed on the green on PC and WGT removed that option - but did not do so on mobile.  I guess they just caught up.

Like a lot of things, WGT decides what is allowed or not allowed and since the two platforms will soon be playing a relatively common base, they appear to be making things more consistent.

• BigBlockVettes
    697 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 8:49 AM

And we all know how realistic this game is , it,s everyday players on the PGA Tour are scoring 48, 49 low 50,s lol

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 9:21 AM

BigBlockVettes:

And we all know how realistic this game is , it,s everyday players on the PGA Tour are scoring 48, 49 low 50,s lol

if they played the exact same pin placement and holes over 500 times each they probably could.

RSS