Forums

Help › Forums

Best WGT Player of all Time!

Sun, Jul 2 2023 5:04 AM (1,956 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 4:31 AM

Seriously guys... let's give it a rest. This is getting REALLY old!

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 4:37 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

and if the mods were getting tired of it, why wouldn't they just lock it or even delete it.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 5:01 AM

callaghan159:
     and if the mods were getting tired of it, why wouldn't they just lock it or even delete it.

I think they should.

You can believe and brag whatever you want, nothing wrong with that, but do it with your mom or in your diary or blog or profile page, NOT in the forums. And yes, let's not feed trolls.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 7:23 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
      let's not feed trolls.    

LOL.... he posts on 4/29 then 5/6 people post 14 times on a thread where he is the OP...

Who is trolling who maybe a question worth pondering.

• MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 8:09 AM

PureGro1:

SimonTheBeetle:
      let's not feed trolls.    

LOL.... he posts on 4/29 then 5/6 people post 14 times on a thread where he is the OP...

Who is trolling who maybe a question worth pondering.

One thing is sure…if HK is what he is accused of here, it is very obvious HK is winning.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 9:03 AM

+1!

SimonTheBeetle:
    I thought it worth to point to both sides of the medal, once the Guidelines were on the table.

Back to observation mode then...

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 9:38 AM

MojosMojo:
    One thing is sure…if HK is what he is accused of here, it is very obvious HK is winning.

Just an observation - 

Putting aside all the adjectives, and titles, ie..troll, braggard, liar, instigator, disruptor, etc...

Assuming that the intent is to "play" people, as in "he is getting played" or "he played me", given the title of this thread, HK just might well be the greatest player (pronounced "playah") of all time - No lie there!!!

WARNING*** THIS REPLY IS NOT MEANT FOR CONSUMPTION. THEREFORE IT CANNOT, AND MAY NOT, BE CONSIDERED AS "FEEDING THE TROLL".

The observations opined above are purely those of the poster, and are not necessarily the opinion of World Golf Tour, Brandon Dunes, LLC, Top Golf, Inc, Calloway Golf or Horrible Comics Group, their employees, agents, assigns and/or representatives.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 10:29 AM

HK has gas lit almost every poster at one time or another. He knows what instigates folks and he routinely does it. He then plays the victim card when the inevitable push back occurs. 

I'm not suggesting he isn't good at it. What concerns me is why anyone would get enjoyment out of doing it?  It's easy to do some things...criticize others or wind people up. That doesn't mean a person should turn it into a cottage industry.

It's more difficult to be a stand up guy. Donate to the wgt charities when you say you will. Don't claim false "heroism" like being injured rescuing a family, when there are those who actually have.

He keeps promising to change this behaviour, only to continue with it.

In life, people generally reap what they sow.

I don't think I'm "feeding the troll" either. This is just my view on it.

ct

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 11:48 AM

ct690911:
    I'm not suggesting he isn't good at it.

I do not believe, anywhere in this thread, or any other (I have read), has anyone said he was not good at it.

ct690911:
    What concerns me is why anyone would get enjoyment out of it?

Agreed. Certainly most here would not derive enjoyment from him. I do freely admit, I have found some enjoyment in reading some of the replies (not the insulting ones, with the exception of PMM's, reposted above - which I did LOL).

Unfortunately, like they say "different strokes for different folks". I, myself never saw the humor in "slapstick" comedy, notwithstanding, many find it funny to watch such things. I see no humor in seeing someone get hit, or "beat up", physically, or mentally. 

ct690911:
    It's more difficult to be a stand up guy. Donate to the wgt charities when you say you will. Don't claim false "heroism" like being injured rescuing a family, when there are those who actually have.

I have no knowledge of this, other than some references as to donations within this thread, years ago, nor do I think it productive for me to comment about such things.  I will point out, however, HK did save Doc's antler with his jockstrap and 3 iron.

The real question, and issue, IMO, is as Yiannis references.

1.  Are there violations of posting guidelines and/or T.O.S?

2.  If the answer to 1 is yes, are these guidelines and/or T.O.S. being enforced equally and as to all?

The answer to the first is determined by WGT and enforced by the Moderators (or at least that is the way I imagine it is supposed to work). The answer to the second, I believe, is obvious to us all.

No, I do not believe your expressing your opinion, or me expressing mine, is fodder. At some point, but not in this thread, IMO, there should be a candid discussion, amongst members and moderators, of what exactly "trolling" is, what are considered violations of posting guidelines, and how should these guidelines be enforced.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 1:14 PM

One thing is true to me along this thread (not excluding others):

Ev1 talking about HK since Oct 31, 2018 (the date of the OP) is feeding the troll.

I declare myself guilty every now and then.

HamdenPro:
    The real question, and issue, IMO, is as Yiannis references.

1.  Are there violations of posting guidelines and/or T.O.S?

@everyone: Read the terms, and grab your own nose to see if you contributed to the hussle - gotcha!

HamdenPro:
    2.  If the answer to 1 is yes, are these guidelines and/or T.O.S. being enforced equally and as to all?
    Irrelevant, IMHO, as you can't rely on that part. They do or they don't...

RSS