Forums

Help › Forums

Best WGT Player of all Time!

Fri, Apr 12 2024 1:42 PM (1,957 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 2:59 AM

craigswan:
    But how do we define humor, and can it be taught?

I'd think so, to a point at least.  Can it be taught not to use things like (from the same article)

"Superiority theory was originally formulated by Plato and Aristotle to explain a specific kind of humor: why we laugh at other’s misfortunes. In this theory, humor is a means of declaring one’s superiority over others. If you’re looking to cultivate a sense of humor to improve your leadership skills, this is not the kind you want to acquire."

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 5:48 AM

His imaginary bank account.

I can believe henry is a millionaire .

Lots of people in uk near retirement get a choice . Either get a pension for life or take a pot of money and invest it yourself .

Companies are handing out million pound cheques so that they can shut down their very expensive to run pension schemes .

With henry in the pollice dept on good wages for long time  he will very easily qualify to be a millionaire and a pension as well .

• HamdenPro
    2,412 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 6:04 AM

HenryKawa:
    Hello Folks.  Old Henry is back.  I have changed!  Everyone that gets to know the new and improved Henry seems to like him.

LOL

As I am relatively new here, in comparison to most that post in these threads, but not so new that I have not heard about HK, and obviously have read, and been told many things about him. I, like others, at one time, even blocked him after having received request to be his friend. Due to recent events, and some reflection, I finally accepted his request.

Prior to doing so, however, I did some homework by reading 137 pages of this thread!!!

First, let me state...  137 pages - OMG!!!

After all was said, and done, I found myself LMFAO many times....so, let me share just a few favorites...some curiously interesting, others, well...keep in mind, this is only from the first 35...

russellfahey:

YankeeJim:

russellfahey:
    Your on i'm on invite away Henry :)

Why am I thinking of that game Peek-A-Boo you play with kids? Or is it Hide and Seek I'm thinking of?

Lol it all stemmed from him asking where i was,when he never gave me a time that we were playing.

I have now played our match which i won :) He is totally different to what he portrays here in these forums and i did advise him to maybe tone it down a bit in the forums i just hope he heeds my advice.

The only thing i don't get is how come he has been awarded a win,when he set up the first game i said i wanted it from default tees so he forfeited and he set it up again.Which i then won.I also loved the 30 second timer aswell :)

Although i wont slate him on here after he was a genuine good guy during our match,but i certainly don't want a loss registered against me by him for a game i never lost lol.

Russell

YankeeJim:

mkg335:

Like the moths drawn to a flame

To Henry's thread we all came

We make fun of his follies

And provide him his jollies

For that's the point of his game

Well played.  LMAO

pmm711:

bubbsboy:

Please dont have a go at Henry

We went through academy together and he was always destined for great things.

I remember taking a shot in the left kidney from Larry the greek (strange really as he was French, but i digress). Henry piggy backed me the 75 miles (sorry 120ish KM) to the nearest hospital and stayed by my bed for 30 years, shaving me daily and washing me down with a soapy sponge (oooo, wait.....right, where was i)

True hero...so stop it.

drmoose:

bubbsboy:
    True hero...so stop it.

Funny you should mention that Bubbs. I seem to remember a time on St. A's when we were taking heavy artillery fire, an' I almost lost an' antler from some shrapnel. If it hadn't been for Henry's quick thinkin', my profile pic just wouldn't be the same. Fortunately, Henry had a spare jockstrap in his bag ( I didn't ask why & still don't wanna know ) & by twistin' it up with his three iron, he was able to staunch the flow & keep 'er intact. I wouldn't go as far as to say I owe Henry my life, but I probably should offer to have the pro shop re-shaft that 3 iron as my way of sayin' thanks.

So, there ya go Henry, you just say the word ol' buddy &  I'll be happy to give ya the shaft anytime.

Doc :)

TopShelf2010:

ScottHope:
    He does a nice data table though, plain......but nice.  : )

I am quite sure I will receive backlash for this but, with all due respect, regardless of the competition he has faced, you have to admit that the stats listed are impressive.

Yes, playing lesser competition inflates stats. But with that being said, a win is a win. And, as of late, he has been playing against those equal or above his tier... and holding his own.

Maybe it is time to show him some respect?

I will admit, that for me personally, the constant bragging is annoying. But if you were to take away his name, and simply look at the Win/Loss record, you have to be impressed.

Don

gonfission:

I just want to interject an opinion. This is like a black hole, sucking me in.

Henry is the epitome of the old idiom, "Nothing is useless"

Some of the peeps use him for a beat stick, some a whipping post, others.... 

I think Henry is the son of P.T. Barnum

"The greatest showman on earth" is in his DNA

"We cannot all see alike, but we can all do good".

He knows," A fool is born every minute".

"The common man, no matter how sharp and tough, actually enjoys having the wool pulled over his eyes, and makes it easier for the puller".

"The bigger the humbug, the better people will like it".

"Without publicity a terrible thing happens: nothing".

"You can fool most of the people most of the time".

And my personal favorite >

"No man ever went broke overestimating the ignorance of the American public".

Henry's a "Playah"

AND, MY PERSONAL FAVORITE:

HenryKawa:
    HEY.... does anyone want to talk about HENRY?

After all my research, I came away thinking...WHY? Why is it, that people feel compelled to read and/or respond to HK?....I guess it is human nature...KUDOS to Gonfission, he is a "Playah".  I am not sure which is funnier, HK or the reactions he spawns...IMHO

I figure I may receive some backlash, but be nice, like I said, I am relatively new to these threads.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 7:52 AM

The only reason we are keep posting in this thread (cause you are new one...) is...the rules..........which allegedly we have to follow as posters in this forum:

guidelines forums.aspx

SPAMMING AND/OR TROLLING

Do not post anything that is, or could be, construed to be:

• repeatedly communicating the same or similar message
    • creating, participating or perpetuating conversations with the intention of causing unrest within the community
    • joining a conversation with the intention of derailing it
    • communicating in a harmfully deceptive manner

I think is enough and don't have to explain myself any further....

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 9:51 AM

Yiannis1970:

The only reason we are keep posting in this thread (cause you are new one...) is...the rules..........which allegedly we have to follow as posters in this forum:

guidelines forums.aspx

SPAMMING AND/OR TROLLING

Do not post anything that is, or could be, construed to be:

• repeatedly communicating the same or similar message
    • creating, participating or perpetuating conversations with the intention of causing unrest within the community
    • joining a conversation with the intention of derailing it
    • communicating in a harmfully deceptive manner

I think is enough and don't have to explain myself any further....

+ 1000, with the understanding that the enclosed is more for Henry's behaviour moving forward. I do not believe that Steff was in error posting what she did.

ct

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 11:48 AM

Thank you CT - Message noted!  I appreciate you giving me another chance to prove myself.  There are some, who have made it clear in this thread, that will never forgive.   But you CT, are a genuine good guy, fellow Canadian, and now - my friend.   Thanks.  HK.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2022 3:10 PM

Exactly Colin.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 2:31 AM

Yiannis1970:
    [...]. participating or perpetuating conversations with the intention of causing unrest within the community
    Touch your own noses and reflect on this part...

Other than that, please heed this advice: Don't feed the troll!

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 3:18 AM

I don't alosso. Whenever i post in this thread is for moderators use NOT for HK.

I know...i know...hope is futile!!!

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2022 4:16 AM

Yiannis, I didn't look at you in special when using your quote. There are more noses around ;-)

Yiannis1970:
    I don't alosso.
    I'd evaluate your definitions (humor etc) from yesterday differently - clearly stoking the flames.

Yiannis1970:
    Whenever i post in this thread is for moderators use [...]
    Huh?

Never heard of that, and it must be more futile than asking WGT questions here.

Also, there's nothing to do if your nose is less sensible than mine :p

RSS