Forums

Help › Forums

Unexpected Error While Opening Game Client

Thu, Oct 15 2009 9:35 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Kevap
    35 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 6:22 PM

Just started today... around 3pm CST.  Anytime I try to open the game client... I get this error.  I tried every hour since with no luck.  I need my golf... please help me get my golf fix!  PLEASE!

UNEXPECTED ERROR

WE'RE SORRY, THERE HAS BEEN AN ERROR WITH THE GAME. PLEASE CLOSE THE WINDOW AND TRY AGAIN LATER.

THANKS, WGT

• Kevap
    35 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 6:35 PM

Forgot to say that I cleared my interent cache, cookies, installed firefox, reinstalled java, reinstalled flash and none of that helped.

• Kevap
    35 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 6:59 PM

I decided to create a new user name and I opened the game client and did not have any problems.  I logged back into this user name and I still get the error.  So whatever is causing this to happen, it is user specific.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 7:05 PM

Kevap - thank you for the great details and detective work. Looks like you are stuck in a funky game state.  What were you doing before this with your account?  Did you get stuck somewhere while loading?  We will look into this further.

• Kevap
    35 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 7:13 PM

Yes, I created a group for a match play.  One player joined.  I clicked start and he somehow declined and I got stuck so after about 2 minutes I closed the game client.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 7:17 PM

Thanks, we will work on this

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 7:42 PM

Kevap - it would help us track down the issue faster if you would recreate the unexpected error and then right click on the error message and submit the error to WGT.

thanks

• Kevap
    35 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 7:49 PM

• Kevap
    35 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 7:58 PM

I rethought your request and I opened the game client and on the screen that says unexpected error, I right clicked and chose the option to submit this problem to WGT.  Problem now... once I hit the send button... it hasn't completed and is just "thinking".

It appears that it is still trying to send as the cancel button appears to be active.

Here is a screen shot of my desktop with the client window open and the submit problem spinning after hitting send.

• Kevap
    35 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 8:15 PM

After 10 minutes, I hit the cancel button on the sumbit box and closed the game client.

Anything else I can do... please let me know.

• PAGES
RSS