Forums

Help › Forums

Join WGT in Atlanta for VUSAm Live! *UPDATED* Now with Streaming Links

Tue, Sep 25 2018 4:31 PM (178 replies)
  • Young46
    1,295 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2018 3:13 PM

Good luck to both players, glad to see a live event is really going to happen.

• pmm711
    5,536 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2018 3:44 PM

garyk49:
    As we speak, I am checking to make sure my camcorder still works.

Yo Gary...It is the year 2018 in Thomaston, right? Use your smartphone.  :-)

garyk49:
    I would like to see some sort of itinerary for both Friday and Saturday.

Friday is just setup and testing...time still TBD

Saturday the event starts at 5:30pm.  Show up a few hours ahead of time is my guess as WGT Champion says they're working on a pre-event gathering (see his edits on page 1 of this thread).

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2018 4:00 PM

pmm711:

garyk49:
    As we speak, I am checking to make sure my camcorder still works.

Yo Gary...It is the year 2018 in Thomaston, right? Use your smartphone.  :-)

LOL, If I was Gary, i would fire up the Camcorder as well.....heck....these are an ancient technological relic....will be worth a fortune one day, especially in good working order (with tapes lol)!

The sad thing is.....you know you are getting older when you:

1. Know what it is;
    2. Still have one;
    3. Fail to accept new technology is better;
    4. Tell the great grand kids how we used to do things.

Sighhhhh

• garyk49
    2,318 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2018 4:45 PM

Nope, Nope, Nope folks, can't fire up the smart phone, don't own one.  I have a phone for making phone calls, it's a Samsung Gusto 3 flip phone.  And Yes, Paul, it is 2018 down south of you also.  And also, hate the looks of a smart phone video.

Sorry Alan, don't think this one will make me rich.  It's a Sony Digital camcorder.  No tape, hard drive.

From what I have been reading.  Will need to copy it over to computer, then run movie maker to convert and then upload to Utube.  Will have to wait and see what format it records in.  This is actually my wife's, have never run it.  Now downloading/converting movies, programs, and burning to CD/DVD, that I know.  It used to be a Large PITA to lan games, when you only had 1 copy of a program and all computers on the lan needed a copy in the CD Drive.  But again haven't done that either in a long time, and can't even remember names of the software used to copy them correctly.

We will have to see, plan on running some tests here at home to make sure I am doable.

Also from reading with a free Utube, it may have to be in parts.  Thought I remember reading can only be in 15 minute chunks.

• garyk49
    2,318 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2018 8:25 PM

dedbunny brings up a valid point.  How about someone at WGT/TG ringing in here and let people know if what I am looking to do can even be done.

Have to relate this to what happens elsewhere.  People go to a new release movie and record the movie on a camcorder(for those that know, it's called a cam)then they upload to a download site for other to download.

That is not my intention.  My plans are to record the match on a camcorder, then upload to my Utube address.  I will then supply the link to the video, for viewing.  Actually now that I look, it would probably be over on twitch.

We need to know if this can happen.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 12:32 AM

Not sure if I got the "start a specific time" right, but there are many videos on You Tube from random people doing the TG thing. Here's one. I tried to start as they were driving up to TG Atlanta.

Also, Gary, just verify your You Tube account (they send a text code) and you can upload longer videos. Pretty simple and fast.

TG ATL

I don't enough time to catch the entire video, but did notice that they had a 2 hour wait (I think it was to get membership cards). If that's the norm, it'd be nice if WGT could advise the concierge people up front that they had members coming to watch and maybe we could give a code or code word and be allowed in immediately. Be a shame to get there, and it be over by the time you got in, even though you arrived an hour or two early. 

• pmm711
    5,536 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 12:56 AM

Gary, While the bunny has a point, I think you’re OK to film and post later.  Your plan wasn’t a live video feed...and I doubt even that would become an issue as it could be done very easily with an iPad/mobile device.  And as Jay pointed out, people film at TG all the time as can be seen on various social network sites.

Jay, you can enter TG and not join to golf as it’s also a bar/restaurant.  I’m sure they’ll know people will be coming just to view the match.

• garyk49
    2,318 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 3:36 AM

jayw4862:

Also, Gary, just verify your You Tube account (they send a text code) and you can upload longer videos. Pretty simple and fast.

Done, thanks for that info.

Now to see which is easier YouTube or Twitch.

Also PM sent to Champ, to look into this for sure.

• Young46
    1,295 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 5:14 AM

For what it's worth, I did a live stream shortly after our TopGolf opened. I was told by management there were no restrictions on filming/streaming. If using a phone, you can live stream on Twitch by using an app called IRLTV. 

• garyk49
    2,318 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 5:52 AM

Young46:

For what it's worth, I did a live stream shortly after our TopGolf opened. I was told by management there were no restrictions on filming/streaming. If using a phone, you can live stream on Twitch by using an app called IRLTV. 

Thanks for that Jason.  Not planning to live stream.  It's just the question with this being a WGT/TG event being held at a TG location.  I have PM'ed Champ about it, hopefully will have an answer concerning in the real near future.

RSS