Forums

Help › Forums

starting matchplay when the other is idle says 10min wait, you quit and the idle guy gets the points?

Tue, Oct 13 2009 1:49 PM (6 replies)
  • coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 11:33 AM

go to join a matchplay game and there was a 10min timer beside his name.. I'm there, well i'm not going to wait, so i forfeit and it said i lost. So he got the points for not even playing?

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 12:25 PM

What's annoying is that I (for a change) 100% agree with you on this matter, but most others won't before it's you.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 12:36 PM

I don't think just starting games and disconnecting will be an issue. To me seems 50/50. I believe that you will see many disconnects just before a loss, that way the 'winner' has to wait the 10 min before they can play again or get a technical loss.

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 12:39 PM

i dont know if the other guy got any points. Didn't catch his name. Was testing out making a server and when someone joined, unplugged the cable then plugging it back in a couple minutes later.. but then when it reconnected, said your invitation has been declined or something. So maybe they cant make points for the net connection being out, and the other guy drops. Checked the matchplay points section and it didnt say i lost the match. So why would it say i lost if it didn't add that in the losses count?

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 1:11 PM

playing another matchplay round and halfway in, the guy times out and says to wait 10min. So you're saying if i close the game, my losses count goes up, because he timed out? He should be getting the loss if he times out. I'm gonna close the window and see if i get a loss count.

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 1:17 PM

close the window and next time i go to play a game it says continue.. he's still timing out there.. so i hit forfeit.. then it says you lost the match and i got a loss in my losing column because i dont have 10min to wait for some timed-out chump. Wow they really gotta fix that stuff.. if someone is making you wait 10min, they should be losing and especially not getting rewarded with points for it. Points should only be awarded for winning a game by playing.. not by them being busy in the kitchen or the washroom. I guess they're trying to address the quitting problem. Well it should be if you wimp out cause you're losing, then quit while playing during a normal game, you get a loss.. but if a dude's timing out so i quit, i shouldnt be getting a loss. Cause right now with that loss count it looks like he kicked my ass meanwhile i was ahead in the game. Anyways i'm out.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 1:49 PM

If your opponent times out 3 times, they lose. If you forfeit before they time out 3 times, you lose.

RSS