Forums

Help › Forums

System Update 10/12 11PM Pacific Time

Fri, Oct 16 2009 7:57 AM (66 replies)
  • seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 3:32 AM

Need more colours for avatars.

I just got a 2 shot penalty because I thought it was the other guys turn.

This should be a simple fix. You could even use the colours from the golf balls.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 4:38 AM

The entire pull the flag feature is horribly designed.

Simple is better WGT.   How about having a button to push in order to pull and replace the flag instead of the player having to put the cursor on a specific spot (which is buggy as the game gets "stuck" in replace/pull the flag mode where clicking practically anywhere in the game window results in the flag being replaced/pulled).

• PeteConklin
    25 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 4:45 AM

How about don't update anything anymore. In fact, put it back the way it was a couple days ago. My swing meter and B-ES balls don't work at all.

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 9:05 AM

Since the update my CPU is spiking much more which in turn causes the swing meter to lag, i'm guessing adding new options such as pull flag (which isn't well thought out) and green speed might have something to do with.

I'd rather have a stripped back game with a smooth meter than new options.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 9:11 AM

I can't stress enough the recommendation to close the original browser window from which you launch the game pop-up window. It makes all the difference on my system. I wonder what percentage of WGT players leave that original browser window open after the game is launched, and since some of the ads displayed on these pages can be pretty aggressive, this can lead to intermittent depletion of computer resources & meter skipping.

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 10:27 AM

Common sence tells me if it was working better before than it is now and  if I'm not doing anything differant they are the problem. I just can't beleive WGT will not address the meter issue it was bad before and even worse now I have clicked right on the button and the meter keeps going past the mark. When a player pays good money to buy all the upgrades to make his or her game better the site should respond better. Thanks for the upgrades there nice but fix the main issue that at least 90% of the players have meter issues. It would be nice if wgt would put a post up to take a percent of all players that have issues with the meter and not have players get on and degrade the players that do.

chuckiee

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 11:49 AM

Thanks for your feedback, we are sifting through all your comments. The issue with the B-ES balls has been fixed.

• Lina1979
    122 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 12:21 PM

brandi35:

My only issue is that my avatar has changed to a male.  I can not get it back to female....I will not play with anyone until it changes back.....The only thing I can think of why this happened, is I changed my pic and then turned to male  :(

YUCK...Please change me back wgt :)

Brandi

Experienced the exact same thing as Brandi .... :(   Please change it !!!!!!!!

• millidarcy
    7 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 12:50 PM

For a jerky meter & high system resource use (or limited available resources if you will) I am opening the task mgr. This puts a resource meter in the system tray that I can look at & wait for the cpu surge after a shot (I assume this is a loading for the next shot) to subside before making the next shot. This does not work the same for putting though, as the grid is resource demanding, but as soon as I start my putt stroke the grid goes away and I get some resources back.  I keep the Putting Grid OFF  Game Option, I don't need to read the putt once I go to stroke it.

Also I do like Faterson & only keep the active game window/browser-tab.

This seems to help.

• PeteConklin
    25 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 6:01 AM

Faterson:

I can't stress enough the recommendation to close the original browser window from which you launch the game pop-up window. It makes all the difference on my system. I wonder what percentage of WGT players leave that original browser window open after the game is launched, and since some of the ads displayed on these pages can be pretty aggressive, this can lead to intermittent depletion of computer resources & meter skipping.

I have done this sir, and the swing meter is still very bad. My B-ES balls work now though. Fix the swing meter. It is very clear that I am not the only one complaining about it.

RSS