Forums

Help › Forums

System Update 10/12 11PM Pacific Time

Fri, Oct 16 2009 7:57 AM (66 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 6:13 AM

marioh:
    Don't like the entire pop out window when you click on the the various links in the My Profile section.

Yeah, this is not an improvement compared to what we had before. A better-organized trophy case, perhaps, but at the expense of Web usability.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 6:16 AM

Pete-With the starter clubs the best you can hope for is the ball not rolling as much as it used to after landing. The spin rating on the clubs is what you need to look at. My first try with the new spin/distance ball actually has the ball back up after landing, much like you would think. Up to now I could only stick it-now it actually moves backwards after landing-too friggin cool! I use the Taylor wedges, have 4 of them and they all have the highest spin rating.

Match play is the nuts! I just got disconnected from a match and had I known I could have returned to the match. Unfortunately, I learned this after the time to return expired. Nice feature.

YJ

• PeteConklin
    25 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 6:26 AM

The thing is, I am very happy with the BE-S balls spin feature with my starter clubs. It saddens me that they took this feature away from me without notice. Thank you for your advice Jim

• slor
    902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 6:55 AM

This is the nuts! Would love to see matchplay expanded to scramble, fourball, foursomes, and greensomes....

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:12 AM

Thanks for the Update.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:16 AM

Pete, are you not seeing the amount of spin you anticipate  on the extra spin balls, or is it that you cannot use the dot on the ball UI to add spin?  What browser are you using?

• PeteConklin
    25 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:30 AM

The dot does not move on my ball for the spin on any shot. I have been using Mozilla Firefox since the begining.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:38 AM

PeteConklin - does it not work in certain holes or situations? 

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:54 AM

Hm, no more pop-up boxes for replies any more...

Other than that, this update looks great!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 8:00 AM

EllisSpice:
    Hm, no more pop-up boxes for replies any more...

What do you mean, Ellis?  

Edit: OK, now I see... When hitting Reply to a forum post, a full-fledged forum window opens, rather than just a pop-up... But that's great! Or, what would be the disadvantage of it? It's so fabulous that the Quote & Preview buttons are now available for forum replies that the only proper reaction to that is (to quote Soulcatcher):

RSS