Fri, Oct 16 2009 7:57 AM (66 replies)
  • golferfred60
    4 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 8:07 PM

thank for head up cool

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Oct 12 2009 10:14 PM

WooHoo! Are we finally gonna get the "Weekly Hole-in-One Challenge" that nobody(?) asked for!?

Huh?

What'd he say?

Heh-heh! Just kidding.... ;)

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 4:12 AM

The Quote & Preview buttons are now available when posting replies in the forums!

The Opera browser works in the forums again, after exactly 2 months of breakdown!

Hooray!!! 

(And rating forum threads is a good idea, too.)

I wonder if forum-reply email notifications will now start arriving as well? Testing it with this response...

• GSpinks1962
    106 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 4:39 AM

I assume matchplay is going to be part of this update since it is now part of the statistics.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 4:49 AM

Faterson:
    I wonder if forum-reply email notifications will now start arriving as well? Testing it with this response...

Terrific!    I have just received an email notification of GSpinks's reply above. So, email notifications are fixed as well! And, you can click on Sorting and Filtering at the top of any forum, and subscribe to a forum via email even without participating in a thread!  

These are fantastic improvements. And all those new ball types & wedges, too! Not to mention match-play...

It was well worth waiting for this product fix/update for 2 months; it's a truly admirable one.

PS: A forum bug that is not fixed yet, is this one, although one might assume it should be pretty easy to fix...?

• PeteConklin
    25 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 5:02 AM

I just got done playing a 9 hole round, and my BE-S balls would not provide me with the spin I use. I purchased these balle for that option. What is the sense in having them if I can't use them the way I paid for them. And you can't sell them back for credits. Maybe it's a bug that needs to be fixed,,,,hmmmmm

• JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 5:20 AM

Matchplay: You start a match, your opponent immediately disconnects as often happens.  Now though I have to wait 10 minutes for him to reconnect or forfeit the match.  Surely he should forfeit as soon as he disconnects? 

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 5:42 AM

If you are chipping/pitching onto the green,  i use the reverse view and am sure a lot of players do - -  but if you remove the flagstick it reappears when you click the power bar as the power bar is over the green on the reverse view - needs fixing, maybe the flagstick remove/put back should be limited to clicks a few feet around the hole.

EDIT: Ah! - it disappears again when you click again to make the shot, which is OK, but not perfect.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 6:05 AM

i agree with the above point. its been happening to me. rather than using the whole green to click the flagstick on and off, why not as mentioned have a small area round the flagstick area to click on and off. otherwise seeing the "remove the flagstick" tab follwoing you around will get frustrating

saying that the update is a great job done! enjoying it so far.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 6:06 AM

Don't like the entire pop out window when you click on the the various links in the My Profile section.

Will have to check the performance of the game when I get home, but the fact that there is nothing stated about fixing the sporadic swing meter stutter/high cpu util is troubling.

Along with no new pin placements, no new stroke play courses, no stat filtering/reset, I'm underwhelmed with this new update.

RSS