Forums

Help › Forums

Aphrodite v Southern England Links-Alt. Shot Challenge

Wed, Aug 1 2018 9:38 AM (54 replies)
  • TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2018 6:15 PM
    Some really great matches , wow , well played all. Happy to be a part of it. Excellent comp.
  • RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2018 7:55 PM

Great stuff Ace, enjoyed it VM as well!

2 great clubs!

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2018 8:34 PM

Lisa03:

Lisa03:
    TdotDoba/TTuna1234 vs Cwire/Rsilverbullet will be playing Sunday the 29th 8pm eastern time.

This should be a good ole fashion display of fireworks---4 very good players in a duel at Sundown(somewhere)    In just about 1 hr. I don't think any  of them can stream--too bad-we will wait for the results. Good Luck to both teams and bring your A game

To bad none of us twitch as this was as exciting as I think it gets, first just want to say thanks to new friends Craig & Ron, and old friends Tommy it was a lot of fun with great banter and good sportsmanship, all class, all of you.... See how well I do from memory, I started the round by saying that Aphrodite was  up 4-3 with two games left, so we need to win em both partner... no pressure lol... and we were off 

Ron & Craig got 2 up winning the 4th and 5th holes, then we got one back when I hit the flag stick on the 6th second shot for almost DE.. tap in eagle and we are 1 dn.

Then I put one in tight on 8 and my p made the bird.. A/S... then on 9... lets just say I was looking at a 14yards pitch with 3 feet down...lol tried hitting it for 9-10 full bs and it still rolled to the other side of the green leaving my p an impossible... which he darn well almost made, had the line just stopped short... anyway bogey and going to 10 1dn.

I think we birdied 12 &13 to go 1 up and then on 14 we got into some beach problems and ended up A/S once again.... this was heating up to be one heck of a match, but was really fun with great fun banter and a bunch of laughs.

15 we both got birds so A/S,

Then on 16 I got one in tight and Aphrodite got one a few yards back of us and just missed on a heartbreaker, my p Tommy smashed in the bird and we were 1up going to 17.

Craig put one in tight and I think we were 22 feet above but I managed to hold my putt and we halved on birds... and on to 18 SEL 1up (I think this maybe another hole, help me out fellas)

Wow what a great hole, neutral wind or slightly in and we both had long approaches... I got lucky and dropped it to 1 yard for the eagle and Aphrodite was I think 25 feet above left for not an easy putt... Craig got up and promptly sunk it right in the middle, was a thing of beauty with us in tight, what pressure and what a will to make that putt (golf clap and deep bow)... and this is why you never give up, I think my p had a meter skip and missed the 4 footer.... and off to sudden death.

Both Craig and I felt this was such a good game that it was better that it ended in sudden death (hee hee my p didn't feel the same :)  )

Anyway off we went, Ron was left with a tricky 11 footer below and and just missed, I had one of those above and right, the ones I usually don't get.... closed me eyes and swung... and wow lucked out and sunk it to get the win for SEL and tie up the match 4-4 with one left......

Can't ask for a better finish then this..... Great to meet you both Ron & Craig and nice to have some new friends on my list... look forward to some more games. Tommy, we brought it home for SEL, well done P.

A big thanks to Lisa and Topper for all your work on this... you both must be very happy it comes down to the last game...

Cheers and goooooooooooooooooooooo SEL!

psst Aphrodite, don't forget to ask Cuz for some of his fine shine :)

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2018 9:41 PM

TdotDoba:

Anyway off we went, Ron was left with a tricky 11 footer below and and just missed, I had one of those above and right, the ones I usually don't get.... closed me eyes and swung... and wow lucked out and sunk it to get the win for SEL and tie up the match 4-4 with one left......

Can't ask for a better finish then this.

Very good match-I think that makes 3 matches that went xtra holes-1 to go Tuesday night.

Irisheyez5 /Jemss                    VS.  Cousinzeke /Beeners58

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2018 1:03 AM

wow what a great game. most of these games have been so tight. and so impressed at how easy we have rattled through the games .so top  stuff everyone.

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2018 9:33 AM

All of the games have been top draw and most of them every so close, Great quality shown throughout.

Topper & Lisa thanks so much for organizing this event, Very well done to you both.

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2018 12:42 PM

PEnglish3:
    so impressed at how easy we have rattled through the games

Jemms came up with the idea. I tried to tell her, "It's summer, World Cup etc." So we posted and when I learned SEL had just had a16 team ALT SHOT, and we had just finished the same in record time-I put out a call for takers-Bubbs posted on my wall-turned it over to Topper and here we are.

Cooperation is a wonderful thing-but I must admit --getting it done in 8 days is rare.

Now Jemms and her partner can finish it. Thanks to all who played their games in a timely fashion.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2018 1:36 PM

It has been fantastic, from the day we spoke Lisa i asked Topper if he would take up the management of it from our side and he accepted....which was no surprise to me ;-)

He has wrote nothing but praise from you and your team on our forum thread designated to it and it now reaches the decider.

Yes , both sides would like to win but its been far more than just an alt shot match.

Little does Topper know (though he may now ;-)), but like Pipala runs our Inter CC team.....Topper will run our Inter Alt shot team from now on, and i hope we have many games like this.

Good luck.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Mon, Jul 30 2018 3:52 PM

bubbsboy:
    Little does Topper know (though he may now ;-)), but like Pipala runs our Inter CC team.....Topper will run our Inter Alt shot team from now on

we have several members who are called in for running CC vs CC comps (including myself), but Lisa is always one of my first thoughts when looking for a Captain

i have dealt with Pipala before when i captained...very much on top of things he is and so it seems is Topper

scheduling alt shot is such a difficult venue to get things sorted, the main reason i decided not to play...but things have worked out fast and well

well done all !!

• JEMSS
    2,822 Posts
    Tue, Jul 31 2018 6:55 PM

JEMSS and Irisheyez5 wins Match against Beeners58/Cousinzeke1 2UP

To begin with what a joy these 2 were to play against--great humor and sportsmanship.

Gary(Irisheyez5) and I got off to a messy start but managed to regain our composure. Team SEL just played great and kept us in a very tight game. My partner made some clutch birds and kept our engines rolling.

Unfortunate for SEL(we were 1 UP at 17th Tee) Beemer hit an errant tee shot quickly mentioning she hit wrong club(it happens and I honestly felt bad) but the Match ended there as my partner got me 8 feet from hole.

Thank you Eileen and Cuz for a wonderful time on the course and a great match. Such a pleasure to have played against SEL---

With great respect and gratitude.

Ames

RSS