Forums

Help › Forums

Aphrodite v Southern England Links-Alt. Shot Challenge

Wed, Aug 1 2018 9:38 AM (54 replies)
  • Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2018 11:04 AM

Phippo20040:
    I'm sure I speak for John aswell when I say it was a most enjoyable match with two great people so thanks Kurt and Monica for the game it was a blast and good luck going forward

Thanks Andy and John,  well written Andy you spoke for Monica and I as well.    Well played, exciting match,  thanks again!

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2018 12:55 PM

Kurtsbuford:

Phippo20040:
    I'm sure I speak for John aswell when I say it was a most enjoyable match with two great people so thanks Kurt and Monica for the game it was a blast and good luck going forward

Thanks Andy and John,  well written Andy you spoke for Monica and I as well.    Well played, exciting match,  thanks again!

Wow -another match goes to the 18th. Very good-sounds like both teams had fun.

Kurt just posted in our forum-I haven't seen him this animated in a long time-Monica was also very happy (not just to win) but how much she enjoyed playing Andy & John. Congrats to both teams for a match well played

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 11:05 AM

Priestess (CH)/Canuck1056 (CH) VS. PEnglish3 (CH)/Ider75 (CH)

live in 2 hours 9pm uk time

www.twitch.tv/paulenglish3

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 11:05 AM

Me and Phil just played Donna & Floyd (newcastleb/PhilEStein v WickedWoman/gryene120) and all the rub of the green went 1 way.

Got my 2nd ever DE on the 2nd, rapidly followed by a chip in eagle on the 4th, and poor Donna was having 'one of those days'.

So 1 to SEL, finished 6 up

Thomas

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 1:08 PM

PEnglish3:

Priestess (CH)/Canuck1056 (CH) VS. PEnglish3 (CH)/Ider75 (CH)

live in 2 hours 9pm uk time

www.twitch.tv/paulenglish3

OK it's 2-2 and a Match inn progress-I knew this was going to be a tight Comp.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 2:44 PM

Moin moin Ladies and Gentlemen

Javito and Golfqueen defeated AnaNikolaj and Ostfriedel with 2 up.

Point for Aphrodite.

Peace,  Friedel

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 3:02 PM

just had the pleasure of playing mandy and jerome. 

we thought we had them at 2 up after 13. and still one up after 17. but jerome pulled out a worldy shot on the 18th into big headwind and mandy made the eagle. on the 3rd extra hole they sealed the win. 

what a great advert for alt shot matchplay and a good relationship between our 2 clubs. mandy and jerome were great company and great players. really enjoyed the battle. 

good luck to the rest who have to play

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 3:42 PM

Some great games, well done all...

Lisa, I don't twitch (on xp) and neither does my partner as far as I know, so hopefully one of your team can twitch :)

cheers

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 3:44 PM
    28 Jul
    Golfqueen1208 and javito1 defeated ostfriedel and AnaNikolaj in a 18-hole Alternate Shot game on PEBBLE BEACH GOLF LINKS.

Aphrodite players enjoyed the SEL company... all players in all matches played agree with that  :)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2018 3:53 PM

PEnglish3:

just had the pleasure of playing mandy and jerome. 

we thought we had them at 2 up after 13. and still one up after 17. but jerome pulled out a worldy shot on the 18th into big headwind and mandy made the eagle. on the 3rd extra hole they sealed the win. 

what a great advert for alt shot matchplay and a good relationship between our 2 clubs. mandy and jerome were great company and great players. really enjoyed the battle. 

good luck to the rest who have to play

Can't add anymore to that. We looked done for but Jerome hit a decent shot into the par 3 which was needed because they were 1 foot away. Terrible wind on 18 and we need an Eagle which we got.  Could have gone either way in extra holes.

RSS