Forums

Help › Forums

Daily Motivation

Fri, Apr 26 2024 11:27 AM (1,962 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 3:20 PM

Yes, the term My Nickle was and is a direct link to my past both in the military and my further adventures as a non-attached civilian.  In many ways it defines me and the way I approach my existence here in the world of which I am aware.   It goes where I go.  My Nickle.

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 3:53 PM

lee22sharon:
    I should think you would tire of quoting Ralph Marston (of un-specified fame) on a daily basis. When do you think this may come to an end?............................................ .....Perhaps I am being to critical, as I have considered myself to be far beyond just words to cause me to rise up and face the world and all that which is beyond. ............. .....But, it is my nickle.

Nope, I never get tired of quoting this inspiring mans quotes.  As I said in the beginning, he has a much better way with words then I do.  You don't have to come read them and nobody has to reply to them.  They are just there if you want to learn how to live your life to the fullest.  Have a Blessed Day!  :-)

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 3:54 PM

Thank you Don and Robert for your kind words! 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 3:58 PM

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 3:59 PM

Ladychipper:

Thank you Don and Robert for your kind words! 

You are more than welcome. 

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 10:22 PM

I have very little concern for the "others" and what they think or believe.  It is their actions with others that count.  Words are just that and nothing else.  my nickle

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 11:14 PM

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 11:22 PM
    lee22sharon:

I have very little concern for the "others" and what they think or believe.  It is their actions with others that count.  Words are just that and nothing else.  my nickle

Personally, what others think of me has no concern, and whilst we are judged by our actions, our words are often just as important.

If anyone can inspire another to be better or a better person, I am all for it.

For me, if one person can draw some inspiration or motivation from this thread, then it is mission accomplished.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 11:24 PM

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 10:59 AM

Friday, June 22, 2018

Fresh perspective

Take a few moments, and take a few steps away from the commotion and confusion. Guide yourself to a place where you can see more clearly, and give yourself a fresh, empowering perspective.

You’ll realize that much of what concerns you, need not concern you. You’ll understand that the problems are easily outnumbered by the many opportunities and positive possibilities.

You’ll recognize that much of what seems to hold you back does so only with your consent. You’ll discover how easy it can be to let go of self-imposed limitations and allow yourself to move forward.

Gently take a few steps away. Arrive at a place where you can focus on what is truly important.

Enjoy being in a place where your purpose really matters. Feel how much a renewed sense of purpose can energize your efforts.

Life has great beauty, and is filled with an unending stream of wonderful possibilities. Take a few steps back from the noise and distractions, and watch as the best of those possibilities come clearly into focus.

— Ralph Marston

RSS