Forums

Help › Forums

Daily Motivation

Wed, Mar 27 2024 9:15 AM (1,938 replies)
  • Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 11:01 AM

Great picture Lucky Skreet and so true!

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 12:16 PM

Proverbs 18: 20-21 says it best:

'The quality of our life is determined by the words that we speak.' So before you speak, Think! How does this reflect upon my Character? Keep up the good work Marion.

Siders Best

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 1:19 PM

Thanks Siders Best and I will.  :-)

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 4:45 PM
         To Ladychipper,atlanti. and Robert.  My sincere apology for not respecting something that you hold dear and fully believe it is a good thing.  Yes i do agree with you, it is a good thing.   I should not have tried to impose my likes and dis-likes on anyone else.   I have always thought that it was not a good thing to do that, and here I am doing it!   Very sorry,   and still my nickle.
  • Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 4:54 PM

@lee22sharon

That is an extremely gracious and generous post. Thank you for posting that. Apology is certainly accepted. Much respect to you. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 6:54 PM

Robert1893:
    Much respect to you. 

+1

Don

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 7:42 PM

lee22sharon:

To Ladychipper,atlanti. and Robert.  My sincere apology for not respecting something that you hold dear and fully believe it is a good thing.  Yes i do agree with you, it is a good thing.   I should not have tried to impose my likes and dis-likes on anyone else.   I have always thought that it was not a good thing to do that, and here I am doing it!   Very sorry,   and still my nickle.

Apology accepted and it takes a BIG man to say that. 

We all have our off days so perhaps that was one of yours.   :-)

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2018 8:25 PM
    There is no need t apologize to me Lee....you are just as entitled to an opinion as I am, and your views, likes or dislikes are just as valid. In many ways, opposing views are good, as it offers a different perspective, and from all viewpoints one can make up their own mind.

However, your apology (whilst not needed in my eyes) shows class, so kudos to you!

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Sat, Jun 23 2018 10:51 AM

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Today has arrived

The past is gone, and no longer in a position to hold you back. On this new day, every disappointment is already behind you.

Today has arrived, and with it you can make real and lasting progress. Today you’re purposeful, determined, willing and able to do whatever you must.

Now is when life can begin to be the best you can imagine. Today is the day that more things in your life can start to go right.

Stretching out in front of you are countless possibilities. Let them energize you, motivate you, push you into action.

You have no reason to hold yourself back any longer. You have every reason to add new joy, purpose, meaning and fulfillment to life.

In this moment, allow life to support you, encourage you, and pull you toward the best you can be. Firmly take hold of the opportunity that is now, and show the world how great it is to be alive.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Mon, Jun 25 2018 7:23 AM

Monday, June 25, 2018

Happy Monday everyone!  M

Progress to be made

Complaining about what’s wrong won’t make anything better. Move beyond mere complaints, and do the difficult work to create a positive way forward.

Punishing those who are to blame won’t improve the situation. Get past the blaming and turn your attention toward understanding, cooperation, and creating value for everyone involved.

Getting rid of what’s working poorly can leave you with nothing that works at all. See if you can find a way to improve rather than just destroy.

Sometimes it’s necessary to tear it all down and start from scratch. But that’s rarely as simple or straightforward as it sounds.

When the situation is broken, you don’t have to break it even more. Instead, look for what you can salvage, and use that as your starting point.

Avoid the temptation to descend into destruction and retribution. There’s great progress to be made by everyone, so put all your focus on that.

— Ralph Marston

RSS