Forums

Help › Forums

Daily Motivation

Wed, Mar 27 2024 9:15 AM (1,938 replies)
  • Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 9:08 AM

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Practice living well

What you do often, you increasingly do with more skill and effectiveness. The good things you do often, become valuable parts of you.

Look for opportunities to take a positive view of life, and seize those opportunities. Embrace situations in which you can be more purposeful, more disciplined, more thoughtful and compassionate.

Ingrain yourself with habits and assumptions that serve to lift your whole world higher. Develop an ever-present muscle memory for the thoughts and actions that lead to increasing levels of achievement and fulfillment.

In large and small moments, in large and small matters, hold true to your values. Those values are strengthened by living them consistently.

The opportunity you have today is not merely to live a good, productive, meaningful day. It is an opportunity to further instill goodness, effectiveness, and purpose into your whole future.

You will become better and better at whatever you practice. Take full advantage of every chance you have to practice living well, and continue improving your ability to make life great.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 9:13 AM

Thank you Sue!  I appreciate that. 

Thanks Craig for the cute picture.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 1:55 AM
    Marion, I am very sorry to hear about your daughter, and sadly this is a growing issue in most countries. Even more concerning, mental health issues are often overlooked with inadequate support services available.
  • Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 8:13 AM

Thanks Alan!  It was a difficult time and still is sometimes.  That is why I said I have regrets but I guess you could call it remorse.  Wish I could have done something to prevent it happening. 

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 8:14 AM

Friday, June 8, 2018

Imagine higher

You’re not stuck. You’re just neglecting to make full use of your imagination.

If one strategy fails to bring the desired results, there’s a different strategy that will. Do the work to develop it and implement it.

The world is not set against you. You’re just looking at it from a perspective that’s too narrow.

Step back, look at a bigger part of the picture. You’ll see helpful people, possibilities, resources, concepts and ideas you’ve never seen before.

Imagine viewing the situation from an altitude of thirty thousand feet, or from the surface of the moon. What opportunities would you see from a higher perspective that you’re failing to recognize now?

Imagination is difficult work, and well worth the effort. Put it to use, imagine higher, and do the great things you’re here to do.

— Ralph Marston

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 3:31 AM

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 10:54 AM

Craig, 

This is serious business in here.  I don't think we need pictures like the above in here.  Please delete!

Thanks

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 11:02 AM

Saturday, June 9, 2018

What to let in

Whatever happens, whatever is said, you don’t have to take it personally. You can choose what to let in and what to keep out.

The inconsiderate actions and rude comments of others do not have to bother you one little bit, if you choose. At the same time, you can care deeply about whatever you want to care about.

You can think whatever you decide to think about anything anyone says. Or you can decide not to think about it at all.

Often there will be things you must do, for social or professional reasons, that you don’t enjoy doing. Even so, you never have to let them get you down or diminish your spirit.

Deep inside, you are always the person you choose to be. You can choose to be positive, fulfilled, enthusiastic about life no matter what is happening on the outside.

Take a deep, refreshing breath and remind yourself that you’re in charge of what gets to you and what doesn’t. Then renew your commitment to embrace the best of life, and to expand it far and wide.

— Ralph Marston

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 8:43 AM

Monday, June 11, 2018

Do yourself a favor

Do yourself a favor and do the difficult, unpleasant stuff first. Get it out of the way so you can more fully enjoy the rest of the day.

Do yourself a favor and let go of your resentment toward whatever you have to do. Resentment hurts you, brings you down, serves no positive purpose, and you can easily do without it.

Do yourself a favor and forgive those who have wronged you, slighted you, or done anything to offend you. Forgive, and enable yourself to move on beyond the pain.

Do yourself a favor, and do something just because you love to do it. Express the joy of being alive in the most authentic way you can imagine.

Do yourself a favor, and let gratitude fill your heart. The more you can be thankful for, the more abundantly you will live.

Do yourself a favor, and seek new ways to be kind, considerate, generous, and genuine. Life is what you give it, so give life the best of what you want it to be.

— Ralph Marston

RSS