Forums

Help › Forums

Quitters

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 11 2009 8:56 AM (30 replies)
  • Bigdewp60
    5 Posts
    Sun, Apr 12 2009 10:10 PM

Maybe make like a Did Not Finish % and then a playter can only play in a tournament/group if his % is under a certain amount. Just a suggestion, it is commonly used on PS3 and otehr console systems. Thanks

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2009 11:02 PM

The number that should really count is the relationship to par ... EVERY completed hole would count towards that, instead of the complete 9 /18 holes that a person chooses to count toward their avg.

• TheWombat
    23 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 5:08 AM

The answer to this problem is simple.

Before they can play another game ensure they go back and actually finish the previous one.

Enforce that as a rule and watch the standards rise.

• Jbraithw
    8 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 7:39 AM

it's an issue for single player mode as well...usually due to server load (Mondays) I'm thinking...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 3:41 PM

Wombat and Jbraithw.... while your idea has some merit, I can tell you here and now that if it were implemented, all you would have would be players making multiple toons and avatars.  Don't like your game, make a new toon.  Email addy's are free and easy and registration is not that hard.

Cheers

• PaulSpring
    3 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 6:03 AM

Come on Snaike.

If you join a multi player game in competition it's your obligation to finish that game. You take a chance whether your score is going to be good or bad.

This may be cyber golf but the rules and ettequette are still the same as those of actual golf. Honesty and respect.

If you join a mulit player or competition game and quit... you should be forced (Yes, that word again) to go back and finish it so your score is logged.

Avoiding a poor score is dishonesty and the only person you're fooling is yourself but more than that, it's disrespectful to leave your playing partners alone.

Join a multi player game... then damn well finish it.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 9:29 AM

Woah there PaulSpring... I think you misread my post, or I was not clear.

I am not about quitting.  I do know it happens and I know it does for a variety of reasons.

My point was that if you penalized players for quitting, as my two friends above me have suggested, that the way around it would be for the person who was penalized to make a new toon, that's all.

Cheers

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 11:56 AM

haha so what...c`mon....u can still finish the round if u want.....if u go into deep weeds and take 8 shots wld u carry on?

including connection problems....take iy for what it is........a capitalist machine....takin all ure money....lol

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 6:47 AM

Hi All,

I think people are getting way to over the top on this round quitting issue.

It really is no big deal. Whats the advantage in it?? Protection of your rating?? Its not that important.

I actually think that the multiplayer games should be outside of the ranking system. They are for fun, or are player organised tournaments.

So - get them outside the rating system. Problem solved.

Cheers Doug

• wyldman
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2009 9:22 PM

This game was made way to hard for most. You should not have to BUY better equipment. You should get it by merrit. The USGA should be ashamed

RSS