Forums

Help › Forums

Quitters

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 11 2009 8:56 AM (30 replies)
  • tinman8543
    5 Posts
    Mon, Feb 2 2009 11:34 AM

The only reason there quiting is most likely to save their average.  Had it happen to me. Once the game is started, they should not be allowed to quit without it effecting there scoring average.  

• jhoop
    10 Posts
    Mon, Feb 2 2009 6:42 PM

you are correct. 100%  should be pentalized strokes for just quitting a game. will help keep scores on the up and up. 3 0f 4 times on 9th hole, last putts players quit to save score

• jakelee
    2 Posts
    Sun, Feb 8 2009 12:35 PM

in the last 2 days have played with people with great avg took them all the way to the 9th then they quit. Come on guys have some pride start a game! FINISH IT!!!!

• jbowles824
    67 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2009 7:20 PM

I have only played against one player. Our match went to 9 all square and he beat me on 9. My game blew up on the last hole ( a hole I always have trouble with on the Kiawah Island course) but I played until we putted out. My suggestion would be that people that continue to quit during rounds be forced to play at least a sizable number of qualifing rounds before being allowed into group play again.

If anyone wants to argue about connection issues, if you want to play upgrade to a better faster service. My main issue is power bar problems on WGT end because of what I think are server issues. I can play WOW and Guild Wars with no problem, so I know it is not my machine. And the power bar problem happens way too often.

So it could be that in rounds folks are having a power bar issue and it messes up their round and they quit rather than post a bad score. Don't assume that it is only their fault. I know you might say if it affects one player it affects the other, but some people may be able to handle the problem better than others. I could deal with it but the timer is the problem.

If you go to hit the shot and the power bar drags you can let it go all the way to the right without clicking and it counts as a practice swing. But if you do that multiple times the clock will run out. I have only played one group round so I assume if the clock runs out you lose a stroke, is that correct? Anyway, the power bar dragging and locking up needs to be addressed.

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2009 10:26 PM

YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE POWER BAR ISSUE THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR TO LONG. PEOPLE THINK WGT IS THE BEST THING SINCE ICE CREAM BUT THEY SURE ARE MELTING IT HERE.  I DONT THINK THERE EVEN TRYING TO ADDRESS IT. AS FAR AS THE PLAYERS QUITTING DON'T PLAY THEM ANYMORE.

CHUCKIEE

• TemperTantrum
    1 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2009 9:58 AM

Heres an idea, Start a thread, Call it : "disconnected Trends" then list the names. That way when someone joins your games u can quik reference the list to see if u are at risk of playing with someone who has a "bad connection". Its just a Trend, not saying that they actually are quitters, just saying that, there must be something wrong on their end, a bad connection,computer problems,but for unknown issues, they have tendancies to not finish games. pretty simple really. Then, other people can add a TICK ( ' ) by that name. example: Temper Tantrum '''''''''''''''''''  < Ha! thats me.you could go to LAST post to get updated list before you play. Also if someone has ALOT of ticks u could go back in the list to see if someone added ALOT of ticks over anger.I dont know, it may work. All i know is I just had someone drop on me and they were an amateur with 71 avg and im 105 noob. I won a hole and they were "gone".

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2009 10:15 AM

Just a reminder........WGTAlex has asked us NOT to call people out.

• DustyBalls
    41 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2009 4:31 AM

I think there is to much emphasis on " quitting " the games. During open rounds, there is nothing at stake. You are playing to practice for tournaments with prizes and credits. Those rounds are non-negotiable when playing, you quit , you lose. No going back on them. Who really cares if someone stops playing because they are having a bad day. I personally have no issues with someone ending thier session due to bad play. Afterall, it is a computer game and if we could reset a bad day on the links in real life, wouldn't you do it?

Just relax gamers, this is just a game, find the fun in it and dont hold everyone accountable for playing the game differently. When push comes to shove, these individuals are only trying to improve thier play for the big tournaments, just like everyone else. Penalizing them for leaving a round is childish at best. For many reasons, computer errors, interruptions of service Etc, I have seen it all. Its happened to me and to friends that play with me. It is no more an inconvenience than relogging into WGT.

I play at work sometimes with a T1 connection and everytime I finish a round, I have to log out and back in again. Sometimes I am not able to finish a round due to firewall interuptions and IT issues. You have to remember that this is ONLY a game and we should have fun and enjoy it. Too many things these days are being ruined through negative press and ideas. Lets just take it for what it is, a game.

• FeistyPhil
    24 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2009 5:06 AM

If the round is ended because of technical errors, you have the option of resuming or forfitting the round when you log back on so you should not have an issue with penalties unless you intentions are to quit. This is golf to many who can't get out due to weather, disabilities, etc. Play by the rules- this is a game based on honesty. You don't get mulligans, don't throw your clubs and you never give up or quit!!!

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2009 9:12 AM

First off all if wgt gives you the option to quitt youll have that happen.  Second quit your whinning and worry about other issues like bad swing meters , taking too long too load, game freezing things like that. Last play players that you know won't quit.

chuckiee

RSS