Forums

Help › Forums

Quitters

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 11 2009 8:56 AM (30 replies)
  • Josh49316
    4 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2008 9:40 AM

Wouldn't it be nice if u'r playing a match and are around hole 5 and the opponent (being kind) throws in the towel cuz they had a bad hole, if the WGT would add 2 strokes to their average. 

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2008 8:08 PM

Hi Josh, we are looking at ways to improve the multiplayer experience, so thanks for your suggestion.

• Darkriser
    8 Posts
    Tue, Dec 23 2008 8:20 AM

Josh, a very good point against quitters. But what about interrupted connectivity? What if someone's WGT client disconnects due to an error? Woudn't be very fair to give him any kind of penalty. Just my opinion....

Moreover, I would suggest a different feature. When the opponent disconnects, what about allowing the other one to continue playing in single-player mode? I'm really upset when I have a great round, the opponent disconnects and I'm forced to leave that round...

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Dec 23 2008 11:35 AM

Hi Dark,

You should be able to save and quit your game and resume it in single player mode, I've done it before. 

To WGT Alex:

As for penalties for 'disconnecters'... as of late I have noticed an increased lag when playing in the multi player format.  It causes some real issues with click timing.  I don't know if it's a connection issue on my end or an overall server issue.  I very much enjoy playing with other people, but it had gotten to a point where I stopped playing multi-player for over a week because it was messing with my game.  That being said, I don't feel that a technology issue should negatively effect my score and I will continue to disconnect in a round if I start having problems.  FYI single player does not present any issues for me.  Multi-player lag gives me 'skips' in the shot bar and I usually end up clicking far too late.

• Josh49316
    4 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2008 7:28 AM

Good point Dark on technical issues.  Definately NO penalty for these types of problems.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sun, Dec 28 2008 1:12 PM

Hi Darkriser, you should be able to continue in single player mode and finish the game if your opponent disconnects. Can you describe what happens for you?

• Fonzi
    17 Posts
    Sat, Jan 3 2009 3:01 PM

they still have option to finish the game when they do log back in

and since you gain nothing and lose nothing if someone quits

theres no reason to penalize

• jhoop
    10 Posts
    Fri, Jan 30 2009 11:10 PM

AGREE...first time i played pickup games 3 of 4 players quit on nineth hole. thats bull   don't waste my time! should have a quiters list, whatda think SPRIIT5828 or VBANGLE? anybody else have input to this?

• KingKoal27
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jan 31 2009 7:14 AM

I agree with you 100%, jhoop.  I never understood why there are so many quitters, but yesterday, for example, I hit a double bogey then a single on 4 and 5, respectively.  There was one person playing with me.  Normally, I would quit.  But this guy was close to amateur status (71.5 average) and was under par through 5.  I ended up finish +7 and raised my average 2 points.  But I played respectfully and let him finish with even par...

• wirenut481
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jan 31 2009 11:02 PM

this is my first day playing here and every game i played they quit or disconnected on me....except one player,ty.   there should be penaltys i agree or dont start the game. if it an accidental disconnect happens so be it...happens all the time with the internet. its too bad, i really like this site.

RSS