Forums

Help › Forums

WGT unfair, not telling the truth

Sun, Aug 21 2022 7:22 PM (21 replies)
  • MasterShadow
    13 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2018 7:36 PM

WGT advertises free credits yet they do not.

Players had an option to obtain free credits for many years by watching videos and filling out surveys. 

This is the NUMBER 1 reason I have been playing. I do not expect to have to pay for golf balls or upgrade my equipment. Why did they stop this option? I think they just got greedy and expect everyone to pay for something.

Seriously, $6 - 7 dollars for virtual golf balls? I spend that much on real balls. 

What is the harm in providing some "free credits"? I spent many hours filling out surveys and watching videos to obtain an elite set of clubs, I provided for myself and many, many others with free sleeves of golf balls. Without this option the game is no longer fun.

Come on WGT. Get with the times. Stop being so greedy. Give us back the option. 

Do not explain that your sponsors are responsible. WGT set this option up for us for many years and now you claim WGT can not help us. 

Why is everything about money? Why can't we play and advance the way we use to?

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 12:22 PM

I just picked up another 200 free credits this morning.  My goal is to get enough to replace one ball every day. (The balls I use cost 133 credits / ball  ) The credits I get are from watching short video ads @ 2 credits / ad. When I say short, I mean anything from 6 to 30 seconds. They are available on the WGT app for android or iOS  phones as well as the apps used with an emulator such as BlueStacks.

If you got free credits in the past you know that you either spend time doing the "earning" or spend the cash. Generally I find the surveys are not worth the effort as they don't give you a good estimate of the time needed to complete the survey (if you even qualify). So I only do videos.

I only use my smart phone to earn credits as I am a dedicated PC player. At times I double up by running videos on my phone and the BlueStacks emulator on my PC at the same time. I do miss the ability to start multiple videos, let them run simultaneously, and as each finished start a  new one, but with emulator I can do almost the same thing. But  the really good thing is that now I can run videos on my phone as I watch my TV . So much better that before.

As far as being about money, would you invest money in something and not expect a return? Would you go to work at Walmart and not expect to be paid. Even the minister at my church expects to get something besides a handshake after his sermon on Sunday mornings. ( He does get a salary that the church pays.) So Topgolf  owners expect something besides our sincere thanks for this website.

• Robert1893
    7,678 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 12:53 PM

MasterShadow:
    Seriously, $6 - 7 dollars for virtual golf balls? I spend that much on real balls. 

Just curious, in real life, did your irons cost $39.95?

Why is that every time people compare the cost of virtual balls on WGT to balls in real life that they never compare the cost of the equipment?

Jus sayin.  

MasterShadow:

Because it's a business. You know, free enterprise and all of that.

I'm sorry. I've just never bought the "they're so greedy" argument. They provide a free game. And then they provide a way to earn credits for "free" if people want to take that approach. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 1:35 PM

MasterShadow:
    Seriously, $6 - 7 dollars for virtual golf balls?

This is almost 3 times the amount you should be paying for the balls that suit your ability. You are totally wasting your credits on expensive Nikes. $2.50 tops (the cheapest Callaway) until you get your game. JMO

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 1:51 PM

MasterShadow:

WGT advertises free credits yet they do not.

Players had an option to obtain free credits for many years by watching videos and filling out surveys. 

This is the NUMBER 1 reason I have been playing. I do not expect to have to pay for golf balls or upgrade my equipment. Why did they stop this option? I think they just got greedy and expect everyone to pay for something.

What is the harm in providing some "free credits"? I spent many hours filling out surveys and watching videos to obtain an elite set of clubs, I provided for myself and many, many others with free sleeves of golf balls. Without this option the game is no longer fun.

Come on WGT. Get with the times. Stop being so greedy. Give us back the option. 

Do not explain that your sponsors are responsible. WGT set this option up for us for many years and now you claim WGT can not help us. 

WGT has bills to pay just like the rest of us, so why should we not pay them for allowing us to play a game that they have invested many hours, and money in for free? But wait, they do let you play for free if you wish with starter balls & clubs. If you want to play with better equipment then either do the surveys or pay for it.

It’s up to you how you want to play

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 2:00 PM

250 cr is too much for a 72 ave. Master. Some 100 cr "WGT GI3-something" might suffice. But then, why would he pay for L85+ equipment?

MasterShadow:
    I do not expect to have to pay for golf balls or upgrade my equipment.
    I bet that you expect payment for your own work or service - why not they? It costs to offer capable servers and to maintain and develop the game. I am glad to pay my share to keep it running for my leisure!

MasterShadow:
    Why is everything about money?
    Capitalism 101 - they aren't welfare..

• mikeyb6
    425 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 2:15 PM

Capitalism 101 - they aren't welfare..

hahaha

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 3:17 PM

HackWilson1930:

I just picked up another 200 free credits this morning.  My goal is to get enough to replace one ball every day. (The balls I use cost 133 credits / ball  ) The credits I get are from watching short video ads @ 2 credits / ad. When I say short, I mean anything from 6 to 30 seconds. They are available on the WGT app for android or iOS  phones as well as the apps used with an emulator such as BlueStacks.

If you got free credits in the past you know that you either spend time doing the "earning" or spend the cash. Generally I find the surveys are not worth the effort as they don't give you a good estimate of the time needed to complete the survey (if you even qualify). So I only do videos.

I only use my smart phone to earn credits as I am a dedicated PC player. At times I double up by running videos on my phone and the BlueStacks emulator on my PC at the same time. I do miss the ability to start multiple videos, let them run simultaneously, and as each finished start a  new one, but with emulator I can do almost the same thing. But  the really good thing is that now I can run videos on my phone as I watch my TV . So much better that before.

As far as being about money, would you invest money in something and not expect a return? Would you go to work at Walmart and not expect to be paid. Even the minister at my church expects to get something besides a handshake after his sermon on Sunday mornings. ( He does get a salary that the church pays.) So Topgolf  owners expect something besides our sincere thanks for this website.

Hi,

The NOX emulator will allow you to do this, When you download latest version of NOX click on Multi-Instance Manager on the right hand side control panel to download & set up NOX Multi-Drive & depending on how good your PS Is you can run 5 or more vid's at the same time.

Ken

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 4:11 PM

alosso:
    250 cr is too much for a 72 ave. Master

Actually, the 33 Callaway is the perfect ball for him and the equipment he has. He just has to fix the other parts of his game and learning his clubs with that ball would fix that issue.  :-)

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 4:55 PM

I do not agree with anyone defending price on balls... It is just too much. If u dont want to compare it to real life balls, compare it to other Pc games that ask for 30-40$ once just to buy the game..and than you dont think about "will I throw money out of bounds on next shot"....you just play...(of course if u have PC that can run anything better than flash player)

Nik

RSS