Forums

Help › Forums

WGT unfair, not telling the truth

Sun, Aug 21 2022 7:22 PM (21 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,677 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 5:32 PM

salamicus:
    I do not agree with anyone defending price on balls... It is just too much. If u dont want to compare it to real life balls, compare it to other Pc games that ask for 30-40$ once just to buy the game..and than you dont think about "will I throw money out of bounds on next shot"....you just play...(of course if u have PC that can run anything better than flash player)

Well, technically, players are not actually purchasing the balls. On this game, there are free balls players could choose to use. There's no requirement to purchase balls. And a person can play a decent round with the rock. As an example, I've shot as low as a 30 (IIRC) on the back 9 of Pebble Beach, from the back tees. That's not exactly a push-over course

What players are purchasing are the characteristics that the better balls provide in terms of meter, distance, and spin. They make it easier to score lower more consistently. In essence, similar to equipment, players are purchasing the ability to shoot lower scores more easily.  

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 6:45 PM

Yes..technically you can play with free ball..and WGT is typical "Pay to Win" game

I must say that I think of it as golf simulation sometimes..missing it s true nature

Nik

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2018 8:57 PM

salamicus:
    I do not agree with anyone defending price on balls... It is just too much.
    We need not defend it - there's a wide range to select from, from zero up!

I for one chose the ball that I can afford to wear & lose. If you are uncomfortable with your choice, then perhaps your taste is too exquisite or your ambitions are too high?

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Sat, Mar 31 2018 2:20 AM

I have been using the 180 credit Srixons for more than a year now after spending a small fortune on Nikes before.

Apart from a few extra yards and a bit of extra spin, they aren't that much different. I can certainly hold my own with players who use the Nike RZN balls and pay 470 credits a sleeve less.

Top end clubs obviously are a must - but top end balls? Not so much.

• totallywicked
    51 Posts
    Sat, Mar 31 2018 3:19 AM

yeah my real life golf balls only last 2 games of golf 2 before they disintegrate to lol.

add crazy vem into equation that makes no sense for wgt to profit on extra hits on already over priced balls lol 

serious question for wgt do yòu think people would play more rounds or less if they didnt have all the bs shots and where actually enjoying instead of getting frustrated and annoyed at all the crazy randominess on shots from 1 day to the next..

honestly which one do you think players would enjoy and play more??

food for thought..

• craigswan
    31,012 Posts
    Sat, Mar 31 2018 3:42 AM

I have been using the starter balls forever .

I have learned to adapt with them to the best of my abilities .

Yep - sometimes i run 3-4 yards past and think a bit of backspin would be nice .

Anyway . Would someone like to estimate what my average might be down to if i used bought balls since i joined in 2010 .

My average is just under 65 .

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sat, Mar 31 2018 3:58 AM

Also wouldn't be that bad if those tournaments had some reasonable proportion with expenses of ball. This way if u enter some tournament you can afford, you can finish in top 5 by playing best you can..and when you summarize entrance fee and ball you wore off by playing it you basically won nothing...

Or you are playing free tournament placing in top 70 among who knows how many players and it reports to you that you won something like 1.26 credits.. lol is that a mockery? So I am most efficient when not playing at all

Nik

• PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Sat, Mar 31 2018 4:21 AM

I have used many high end balls over the course of the years,and I have not seen very much difference with the equipment I have. I find that the balls that work best for me cost about 150 cr/sleeve and I can easily get that amount from daily surveys.

If they ever eliminated the ability to earn free credits I would no doubt be playing with the rock.

• mikeyb6
    425 Posts
    Sat, Mar 31 2018 10:28 AM

what games are they Nik? might show them some interest...

• AlaskanDame
    19,000 Posts
    Sat, Mar 31 2018 12:03 PM

Rabbit274:

I have been using the 180 credit Srixons for more than a year now after spending a small fortune on Nikes before.

Apart from a few extra yards and a bit of extra spin, they aren't that much different. I can certainly hold my own with players who use the Nike RZN balls and pay 470 credits a sleeve less.

Top end clubs obviously are a must - but top end balls? Not so much.

+1

I use the 200-credit Allianz, similar to Srixons (13), but I like the blue vapor trail.  :)

Allianz has the same attributes as all the 250-credit "course" balls.  Good deal!

RSS