Calling all CC owners

Tue, Jan 10 2012 2:24 AM (208 replies)
  • Suzyswift
    557 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 8:57 AM

• HackNSlashN
    56 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 3:20 PM

Heck yeah!! The only way I expected to get to the 2nd round was a BYE week !!!  lol.    How long do we have between rounds to set up game?  what happens if the 2 teams cant get together and play within that time I'm assuming only the non participating team owner who couldn't arrange the time would be eliminated. ?  These might have been answered but if so I missed it.

• Suzyswift
    557 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 11:15 PM

Only the registered teams that checked in are playing in this tourney, as for the time scale ,none has been fixed,as this is the holiday season I am sure everyone has things they need to do in there family life, however plz add your opponent to your friends list and have some communication going.

Sue 

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2011 11:52 PM

Here's an idea,

Get a member that's getting ready to become Pro or has just turned Pro in your club Helen.

Then let them create/purchase a country Club and name it for this specific purpose.

Links Owners Association or something, then sponsor the member who purchased/created it by gifts from time to time like clubs,irons,skins for an incentive on keeping just for owners of the country clubs to play on. And everybody in the club agrees on what holes from each course to use for the games and other related suggestions.

Then you would not be wrong by having two clubs and you would still be able to keep your own. And the member who created for the club would have an incentive not to let it go by sponsoring him with upgrades from time to time as he learns the game as well.

Could this work?......I think so myself and everybody is happy!

Joe

Merry Christmas!

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 12:17 AM

josephk2317:

Here's an idea,

Get a member that's getting ready to become Pro or has just turned Pro in your club Helen.

Then let them create/purchase a country Club and name it for this specific purpose.

Links Owners Association or something, then sponsor the member who purchased/created it by gifts from time to time like clubs,irons,skins for an incentive on keeping just for owners of the country clubs to play on. And everybody in the club agrees on what holes from each course to use for the games and other related suggestions.

Then you would not be wrong by having two clubs and you would still be able to keep your own. And the member who created for the club would have an incentive not to let it go by sponsoring him with upgrades from time to time as he learns the game as well.

Could this work?......I think so myself and everybody is happy!

Joe

Merry Christmas!

^^^^

sorry, what is this  for?

...any one can create a C.C but I cant be part of it without leaving my actual C.C... because we can only belong to 1 c.c. the only option is that I handle the ownership to other member while I'm playing in the "Owner association" and then go back to mine... repeat this every round of the tournament or tournaments.... Or may be Im lost and I dont understand very well your point.. :P

I do like the idea of an owner association... with a badge or something may be a special forum with a link to a special page or sheets in Google docs to keep stats... Google also aloud us to create some kind of easy handle web page... but specially too keep good relationship with other c.c. to organize tournaments, best club player matches... etc. with a board and requirement to be admitted... 

cheers.

Jvr

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 12:19 AM

jvr86:
    I do like the idea of an owner association... with a badge or something may be a special forum with a link to a special page or sheets in Google docs to keep stats... Google also aloud us to create some kind of easy handle web page... but specially too keep good relationship with other c.c. to organize tournaments, best club player matches... etc. with a board and requirement to be admitted... 

... and some kind of ethical code to avoid steal members from other C.C. and to help smallers ones... etc.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 12:29 AM

Thanks for the reply,

So it would be better if everybody (Owners of CC) just agreed on a specific course to play each week then post there scores on a Google web page titled "WGT CC Owners Association" or such. That sounds much easier. Also I thought that even if you have a country club you could still play on another with out actually being the owner. Guess I was wrong about that one. I am still new to this virtual game and it's procedures.

Joe

• Suzyswift
    557 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 1:34 AM

you seem to have over looked the point of www,myleague.com 

All the things you speak of are already in place, challenging other cc playing in tourneys ,,,prizes ect.

It allso has its own forum to keep in contact with members you can pm members ,,its for cc owners only.

Other suggestions that have been made.

Each owner can create a team,,,ie..the name of there cc.

Get there own CC members to join that team.

challenge other cc teams to matches any format can be added Match ,, Stroke,,Alt est.

Also it is very easy to create a free website for members to challenge or set up games with every cc.

Remember if you create a team and your members play from your CC your team earn ladder bux and rankings

Sue

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 1:51 AM

nice, Sue... good stuff...:)

I didn't looked at the place (My league) very well then. I just followed instruction to sign in and check in... :P now that im looking it,, it seems very organized. 

I juts have one question, Our first round games are MP or stroke? ranked or practice? and do we have to save screen shots? 

• Suzyswift
    557 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2011 2:36 AM

Ranked Stroke Play, you dont need to keep your score card ,,you are playing with Helen add her to your friends list and arrange a time yo play

Sue

RSS