Forums

Help › Forums

A public thank you to Tibbets

Thu, Jan 7 2010 12:55 PM (32 replies)
  • iowankid
    57 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 8:38 AM

If we all reflect hard on the subject, each of us can find ways to make this world a better place.  Those opprotunities come everyday in both big and small ways.  A kind word, a listening ear, or an offer of something we hold dear that another may also appreciate.  We never know just how important these acts are, nor just how they can change a life.

Peace,

Rich

PS - Thanks for sharing that Lee...very cool.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 10:27 AM

Aw, you guys - I'm filling up over here.

If somebody could organise a virtual group hug you can count me in!

Nice work tibbets.

Sean

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 1:17 PM

Don't know either of you, or anything about the Pro's vs People thing, but it sure was refreshing to read about the good deed and the show of gratitude.

Best of Luck to both you guys!

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 8:08 PM

I've read alot of threads, but this is the coolest yet. I doub't tibbets hadn't thought about it, but ...............

"Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour unto your lap a good measure--pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return."

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 7:16 AM

Henry Drummond:
    Progress has never been a bargain. You have to pay for it. Sometimes I think there's a man who sits behind a counter and says, "All right, you can have a telephone but you lose privacy and the charm of distance. Madam, you may vote but at a price. You lose the right to retreat behind the powder puff or your petticoat. Mister, you may conquer the air but the birds will lose their wonder and the clouds will smell of gasoline.

What is the sacrifice tibbets made? Was it a sacrifice or was it progress? He put in a lot of hard work to win - where will that hard work make the most difference and the most impact? That's the true definition of character: making decisions every day that will affect someone's life in a positive way.

• gitthe
    66 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 1:56 PM

I just wanted to say again how amazing this gift was.  We talked often about you Tibbs, how amazing this act of kindness was, and how we wished you were on this trip with us.  I got to play Pinehurst 7, 8, 2, and 4 as well as Tobacco Road.  I also squeezed in a Carolina Panther game. 

It was a unbelievable weekend of great food, amazing golf, and new friendships.  None of it could have been possible without your generosity.  Reading back on your initial post, I am going to try and carry this wisdom with me that "it's not about finishing first, it's about finishing happy."  This is a mantra worth passing on.  THANK YOU!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 2:51 PM

....                                                                                                                          ....

...and for one small act of kindness, the world is just a little bit brighter...

....                                                                                                                           ....

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 5:12 PM

Congradulations Gitthe for never giving up on what you want to achieve in life.N omatter how it was achieved. Nonetheless it was achieved through persiverance dedication and hard work.Enjoy your trip and maybe you could repay Mr. Tibbets with a hole in one will your up there.

And to you Mr. Tibbets this is truly a rarely seen act of kindess these days.There are a whole lot of adjectives to describe such an act of kindness but only these three come to mind.GOD BLESS YOU!!!

WooHoo 

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 12:04 PM

Thanks Tibbets For Everything.

• cjfelton
    79 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 5:08 PM

Well I logged in today and was anxious to see if my 5th place standing in the Week 44 Single Play 18 had held up overnight.  It did, for my highest finish ever.

Then to my absolute delight, I see that I had actually tied Tibbets!  Man, that's a good day at the course, and I hadn't even played yet.

Upon checking out the forum, I ran across this post.  Shame on me for ever putting myself in the same company with Tibbets.  I've met and played with some great people here, but it would have never occurred to me to give up a trip like that to a fellow player.  Never.  Until today.

As long as I'm on this site, whenever I see Tibbets' name at the top of a leaderboard, the second thought I will have is how well he plays this game. My first thought will be how well he plays life.

Very well done sir!

RSS