Forums

Help › Forums

A public thank you to Tibbets

Thu, Jan 7 2010 12:55 PM (32 replies)
  • gitthe
    66 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 11:39 AM

I would like to give a HUGE public thank you to Tibbets for gifting me the people vs. pros trip from the September tournament.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

As many of you may know, I have been grinding very hard to win the people vs. pros tournament.  Needless to say, I was devastated when I came up one stroke short in the September People vs. Pros tournament. behind Tibbets.  I also came up a stroke short behind Nivlac in June.  In August, I shot a 64 right after shooting a 59  in week 35 of the weekly stroke tournament.

My jaw hit the floor when I received a message from Tibbets stating that he knew how much I wanted to win this trip and he offered to gift it to me.  Last Friday was my birthday and I told Tibbets that this is by far the best birthday present I have ever received!

This is going to be the trip of a lifetime for me.  I will appreciate it even more knowing that it was gifted so selflessly.  Thank you!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 11:41 AM

Wow...

I can't quite form the words to express my amazement.  This is probably the most altruistic thing I've ever seen; quite a rare thing in this day in age.

Well done sir.  Well done indeed.

Also, Happy belated birthday g  =)

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 12:09 PM

I'm not going to wax poetic about it all or pat myself on the back publically. Thank you for the acknowledgement.

I'd just like to remind everyone that while this is a competitive game, it is only a fraction of the life we live.  Winning isn't about finishing 1st, it's about finishing happy. 

Enjoy the trip!

• iowankid
    57 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 12:12 PM

Hey all,

Just taking a moment to share in the wonder of this moment.  It is so great to see acts such as this happen.  It is humbling to think (hope) that I might do the same given the chance.  Thanks to Tibs for being a good sport, WGT friend, and a fairly good golfer on here (chuckle), and to Gitthe for being a gracious recipient of such kindness.

Now for the rest of us to go out and do something nice for someone...and I don't mean throwing out the old milk.

Take care all,

Rich

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 1:44 PM

Words of a perfect gentlemen, such a great act of kindness! Awesome act, and great community to be a part of! Glad I'm here to enjoy it.

• TarheelsRule
    5,484 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 1:55 PM

This was a class thing to do by a very classy guy.  Tibbets is a credit to the WTG and always a great help if you need him.  Enjoy the trip, Pinehurst is one of my favorite resorts, sort of a throw back to old golf.  There are a number of great courses in the area to play if you have additional time, email me and I will be glad to give you a few names.

William

• jeff26
    97 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 3:38 PM

wow thats nice

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 3:48 PM

I was searching for something clever and witty... something to raise a laugh and, perhaps, even an embarrassed chuckle from tibbets..  but in the end, I decided that course of action just wasn't enough.

Gitthe, happy belated birthday, enjoy the trip.

And tibbets:  Well done, sir.  It is a distinct honor to call you friend.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 4:34 PM

Well played Tibbets.  As an avid (got to sleep every night thinking about golf) golfer who too was crushed by not winning the trip I can only imagine the joy you brought gitthe.  You truly are an inspiration on every level.  I've been striving to be as good as you in virtual golf, but now realize there are many other avenues of life that I must raise me level of play to be in the same class as you.  Thank you for brightening my day.

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 5:23 PM

KUDOS tibbs!!!

J and I will see ya in NC Lee!!!  Congrats  :)

B :)

RSS