Forums

Help › Forums

A public thank you to Tibbets

Thu, Jan 7 2010 12:55 PM (32 replies)
  • iconian
    599 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 6:05 PM

gitthe, make us proud and I will be emailing you a list of people I need slapped when u get there!

thanx;))

p.s Ya, he did a nice thing, but those who know him, are not suprised!

• vabighack
    463 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 6:07 PM

Your graciousness far exceeds your golfing abilities.  And you are one of, if not the best on here.  

• vabighack
    463 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 7:04 PM

gitthe, do u need a caddie?????let me know....lol!

• Jimbo652sssssss
    167 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 7:25 PM

I don't know you Tibbets or have I played a rd with you but I have to say that is one of the nicest things I have heard of someone doing in a long time,Your a fine person,Jimbo

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 7:48 PM

Seriously, hi 5 tibs...

gitthe...reward us by kicking serious a** while your there...have a freaking ball!!!

• Zagie
    26 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 10:25 PM

Amazing to say the least..Truely one of the kindest things i have seen in the virtual world..My hats off to you tibs..You do give hope to the human race )

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 12:36 AM

You really are the MAN Tibbets this is got to be the best post I have ever read in the forums. And happy birthday to you gitthe hit em good and have fun.

chuckiee

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 4:13 AM

Enjoy the trip Gitthe and kudos to you Tibbets !

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 6:29 AM

I would just like to add another little story to this.... Back in April there was the Play with Parker tournament, which as most of you know, allowed the opportunity to play TPC Scottsdale with Parker McLachlin.  And for those that can remember there was a dog fight between Tibbets, myself and Gitthe for the top spot, the lead had changed a couple of times that month as we were one upping each other.  Finally near the end of the month, my heart sank when I saw that he had overtaken my latest feat and put himself back in first place by means of the tiebreaker rule.  I was ready to concede and go on when I got a message from him for a multi-player game.  We had been playing together quite often back then, and when we got in the game I was absolutely floored when he offered to gift the prize to me as he knew that I had worked really hard for it and he knew that I was very disappointed.  He told me that I deserved it.  I could not believe it!  What a kind and generous offer!  The character he showed in that moment inspired me and in the end I was able to shoot what stood as the record low 18 hole score at the time.....

I just played with Parker a couple of weeks ago, and it was a wonderful experience!  I had one of the best times in recent memory (I don't get out much these days)... but since his offer, Tibbets and I have not played with each other very much.  I'm not sure if that is my fault, or just our competitive natures, but  I don't think I ever properly expressed my gratitude to him or told him how much that act inspired me to be an optimist and try and bring out the good in this community (most of the time anyways, wink).  I may not know Tibbets the person, but what I know of Tibbets the player he deserves my utmost respect and admiration.  Yes he can be blunt and a bit abrasive at times, but he wouldn't be that way if he didn't see a world of potential in this product, as do a lot of us other players.  

So I would also like to offer my humblest thanks for all that you have done here.   

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 7:56 AM

being a witness to that story lee, all I can say is - yup :)

RSS