Forums

Help › Forums

How to contact us and what to do in case of errors or bugs

Thu, Mar 14 2024 9:58 PM (1,186 replies)
  • MRVannest
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:09 PM
    I I don’t like how balls are taken out of play and automatically a new ball is put in its place. I should at least be able to choose my replacement. I hav e been in tournaments and had good balls replaced by crap balls. It has cost me. Why not follow USGA rules on this: “You can always use a new ball when starting a hole. You can also substitute a different ball any time you are taking relief, including both free and penalty relief. Unless the one-ball Local Rule is in effect, the substituted ball could be any brand.” Second a dropped ball because of a water hazard, would never be done in high weeds or in reeds. We should be allowed to choose where we drop, again, according to USGA rules: “Drop a ball BEHIND the hazard anywhere on a straight line drawn from the hole through the spot where the ball crossed over the hazard's YELLOW margin as it went in.”
  • MioKontic
    4,593 Posts
    Sun, Jan 30 2022 4:12 PM

MRVannest:
    I I don’t like how balls are taken out of play and automatically a new ball is put in its place. I should at least be able to choose my replacement. I hav e been in tournaments and had good balls replaced by crap balls. It has cost me. Why not follow USGA rules on this: “You can always use a new ball when starting a hole. You can also substitute a different ball any time you are taking relief, including both free and penalty relief. Unless the one-ball Local Rule is in effect, the substituted ball could be any brand.” Second a dropped ball because of a water hazard, would never be done in high weeds or in reeds. We should be allowed to choose where we drop, again, according to USGA rules: “Drop a ball BEHIND the hazard anywhere on a straight line drawn from the hole through the spot where the ball crossed over the hazard's YELLOW margin as it went in.”

This is highly unliklely to change.  Think yourself lucky because you now can buy a sleeve of the same ball when you lose your last one; some years ago when you lost your last ball of that type you were given starter balls to finish the round.

The problem you have with dropping a ball after going into a hazard is that there are only a certain number of camera postions, so it may not be possible within the game to drop the ball where you would like.  The answer is... don't go in the hazard in the first place  :)

Just one last thing, there's no such thing as yellow stakes any more since there's no longer a distinction between a water hazard and a lateral water hazard; it is simply now a water hazard, and defined by red stakes.  However, it is highly unlikely this is catered for in WGT since most of the courses were photographed before the rule change.

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Mon, Jan 31 2022 12:11 AM

+1!

MRVannest:
    I I don’t like how balls are taken out of play and automatically a new ball is put in its place. I should at least be able to choose my replacement. I hav e been in tournaments and had good balls replaced by crap balls. It has cost me.
    First rule of the game: Thou Shalt Not have a Choice! It's evident that each choice is hard work to program, so they choose for us.

And, since you know how it goes with the ball replacement, it may be called bad preparation if you come with an insufficient number of balls.

MRVannest:
    Why not follow USGA rules on this: “You can always use a new ball when starting a hole. You can also substitute a different ball any time you are taking relief, including both free and penalty relief. Unless the one-ball Local Rule is in effect, the substituted ball could be any brand.”
    1) It would be a choice, and 2) the bag is closed during a game - no club change - , including the balls as a collatoral.

MRVannest:
    Second a dropped ball because of a water hazard, would never be done in high weeds or in reeds. We should be allowed to choose where we drop,
    Remember: Thou Shalt Not have a Choice!

I agree that some dropping spots are bad to idiocy, or against the rules by big margins, but imagine the necessary programming!

We have to adapt another Rule of Golf - "Play the ball as it lies" => Play the game as it is!

Have fun!

• believerforsure
    3 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2022 4:55 PM

I noticed that too. Since they changed to this new WGT the balls expire much quicker. Who decides this stuff? It pisses me off and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

• kaycharrub
    107 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2022 12:57 AM

Good Morning,

REF:  3 Lions Lukes February Bash still hasn't paid out in our Country Club.

The stated comp finished on 10 Feb 22 and still hasn't paid out to the top 10, there was a substantial amount of credits up for grabs.

I've now emailed Customer Support on many occasions and get the same response "Hello,

Thank you for the message. Please note that tournaments can take up to two weeks to close and pay out. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
    WGT Member Services"

It's now been well over two weeks, does anyone know how this can be sorted. 

• kaycharrub
    107 Posts
    Sat, Mar 19 2022 3:35 AM

Thank you,

I'll keep messaging them. 

Kind Regards

• Randy6813
    19 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2022 1:54 AM

i don't know what two do about the problem I'm having , I bought this hybrid 227 from pro shop and cant sell it , its still in the pro shop available but it wont let me sell mine 

RSS