Forums

Help › Forums

CC tourneys-Ranked or not?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 17 2017 2:57 AM (2 replies)
  • slimjym
    141 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 9:55 PM

I play a lot  of Country Club tourneys labeled under the headings of "Free Tournaments", & "Premium Tournaments", as well as playing "Custom courses", which, if I understand it correctly, can fall under either Free or Premium Tournaments.  (1) Am I correct in assuming that the only difference of a Premium Tournament is that it cost credits to play? (2) I'm a bit confused as to what is considered ranked & what is not between the three. (3) Lastly do all 3 affect our scoring average?  Thanks

• alosso
    21,045 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 10:56 PM

1) Yes.

2) They are all ranked, i.e. counting towards the stats. BTW, only strokeplay may be ranked.

3) No. Ranked play mostly counts towards the average, but strokeplay on Par3, Par5 and CC Custom Courses does not. Doesn't matter if free or premium...

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Nov 17 2017 2:57 AM

Mostly our "premium" tournaments are 5 credits entry for the custom course and top 10 pays out.  AFAIK that's as cheap as we can do it (I don't set the tourneys as lucky to be able to leave that to a very good man who runs all that).

We might sometimes have another near as daft as to how much can be won by any individual.  Within reason, any member or above can set something up and have done so.

I would say just play what you enjoy.  I would forget all about averages and stats and just worry about your own score history to track your improvement if that is what you are looking for- JMHO.

EDIT: I already veered away from the original question - Eloquently answered by Alosso.  Perhaps I should add (realising away from any OP point) our ethos on generally low as possible entry fees and seldom even then is simple.  My experience says people fall out quickly as soon as winning meaningful credits get put on the line.  Any prizes that do get put up are meant as fun as generally come out of the time our tourney director puts in earning them by watching vids etc..........My own "earnings" have just about covered me for ball costs and the odd club upgrade ( I am fine with that).  My credits come from me edge feeding in low stake RGs / Brackets (prem WGT tourneys). 

Some clubs will offer more credit tourneys ( I guess mostly for those not good enough for RGs etc).  Some will do it well I must assume and some look crap holes:).........Our belief is that if work is put in we can get you good enough for open tier comps WGT wide, and that's what we stick with as we have a good track record on that happening (for those that care to do that - some in the club could but simply don't care to and that's fine).

RSS