Wed, Nov 1 2017 4:31 PM
    Thank you Sir .. And Thank you all from this community ! OPY
  • gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 5:04 PM

I received the memorial marker today

used it on 14 holes

There are many here, in this game, that now have well deserved notoriety

Never ending questions, filled the afternoon.

A gift, it is, in all sense of the word.

I would go to the next level, and call it an honorarium. A payment in recognition of acts, or professional services, for which custom or propriety forbids a price to be set.

One can not put a price on the mischievous deeds, Dennis gave freely, along with his time, and his comedic prowess, randomly.

All participants in the tournament, did exactly the same, in remembrance of something special, that touched an element, in most, rarely seen these days. The element of kind remembrance.

The ball marker will represent not only Dennis' contributions in harmonious gestures, it will also be a reminder to me, of the benefactor, from whence it came.

As large as the memory of Dennis was admonished by strangers, today, the grandiose dispensation, by Mr. Caddie, (Wayne) will go down in philanthropic history, for such an act of kindness.

Grand things, come in small packages, indeed....

I am humbled, by the receivership, of such magnanimity

☢-----------------------------

Thank you Wayne

A thank you to all, that made this event, a heart felt gesture, of good will

Fishless Joe

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2017 10:11 PM
    Well said Joe. I think all of us who participated in the tournament feel that way. Losing Andyson left a huge empty space in the forum that will be impossible to fill. I tip my tin foil hat (honorary member) to everyone who helped put the tournament on and everyone who played to honor our missing friend. This was our community at it's best.

Jeff

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Nov 2 2017 2:51 PM
    THANK YOU WAYNE!
    I got mine today, I'm over the moon and quite touched.
    Just popped in to say that, I'll post more when I have time.
  • ScottHope
    10,098 Posts
    Thu, Nov 2 2017 3:25 PM
    Just got mine today too. What a great little memento. Although mine will never touch the grass like it was meant to, it'll be a constant reminder of Dennis and you guys, thank you all. : ) ⇩ EDIT : Thank you CG. ; ) ⇩
  • conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Thu, Nov 2 2017 5:54 PM
    Thank You Scott..for all that you do...you put in a lot of time here
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Nov 3 2017 1:24 AM
    Nicely done!
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Fri, Nov 3 2017 4:55 AM
    Words fail me...

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Nov 3 2017 7:18 AM
    They almost fail me too Johnny.

Huge thanks to all involved in creating this wonderful marker, it's such a great thing you did here.
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Nov 3 2017 7:44 AM
    WigerToods2010:

I see your night school drawing class is paying off, Johnny...
RSS