Forums

Help › Forums

A Gift...2017 Andyson Memorial

Thu, Feb 1 2018 7:43 AM (126 replies)
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Jan 4 2018 7:08 PM

nanstar:
    Although I was unable to complete the 2nd Tourney and didn't appear on the original list of lucky recipients, I'm surprised and delighted to find myself the proud owner of the Andyson Memorial 2017 ball marker :)

Nanstar,

Although you couldn't complete the event, for obvious personal reasons, you did complete the first two rounds of stroke play, which was my requirement to have one's name thrown in the hat. You're correct that your name wasn't on the original list of recipients, but it was on the short list of backup names that were selected in case anyone declined my offer.

As luck would have it, a few players did decline my offer and that's how (with Alan's help) one of the markers found its way to your door.

You're most welcome.

MC

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 4:07 AM

yeah guys I didnt even know this thread was here

firstly i love everything you do to support a great legacy that was andyson

secondly i checked the mailbox today (only check it once a week) because its normally jammed with crap this time of year and there was 3 items in it

* a rates notice, they hurt even tho you own something you still hav to pay

* a notice from  liquidators that the company i have worked for 13 years is being wound up on monday, but my entitlements will be paid in full

* a ball marker

Thankyou very much Wayne and Alan, and everyone else that make this possible.

A great gesture indeed.

I only play 1 or 2 rounds of golf a year now and they are with fellow members of WGT community so I will show this off proudly when asked to

Once again thanks, I will go to sleep tonite with a smile on my face.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 7:04 PM

mrcaddie:
    As luck would have it, a few players did decline my offer and that's how (with Alan's help) one of the markers found its way to your door.

Any left?  I'd be very happy to carry mine in my golf bag.  Please advise if there are still any unspoken for.  Thanks!

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Sun, Jan 7 2018 11:52 PM

What a wonderful gesture. Although I did not know Andy well, I had the pleasure of his company for a round or two and some chatting. Very nice man.

I love seeing stuff like this with all the negativity in the world.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 11:35 AM

I have mine and it will be a treasured past on keepsake. Dennis was priceless on WGT and this too will remain so.

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2018 2:11 PM
    It's been a bit now, and I was wonderin if anyone knows if Dennis's family was able to receive one of these markers ? Would be quite a wonderful thing, I would think. It would be nice if we could find out this info.
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Feb 1 2018 7:43 AM

Good question Mike.

All I can say is that I sent Ducati two envelopes (with a marker inside of each one) inside a larger envelope back in December. One envelope had Ducati's name on it and the other said "The Anderson Family" on it. I sent them to Ducati because, somewhere, he said he lived in close proximity to Dennis' family, and if I remember correctly, he actually knocked on the family's door, so I thought this was the best way for one of the markers to reach Dennis' family.

I know they were delivered because the tracking number says they arrived on December 22.

I checked Ducati's page about two weeks after I sent them and he hadn't been on since December 15th, so maybe something happened to him. I don't know, but I hope he's ok, because I too would like to know if that marker found it's way to Andy's family.

MC

RSS