Forums

Help › Forums

IOS Mirroring or Airplay

Fri, Sep 29 2017 4:20 AM (3 replies)
  • Boognishmofo
    5 Posts
    Thu, Sep 28 2017 8:28 AM
    So I have been messing around all day and finally getting frustrated decided to just turn here and ask for opinions. Little detail first, I have only been playing for like 39 days or so and due to my iphone taking a swim a couple weeks ago I have jumped back and forth between Android,IOS and PC versions (which is incredible for earning quick credits). I used to play EA Tiger Woods years ago and that is what led me to discover WGT. I am completely 100% addicted and obsessed. The main issue I have with PC is the graphics and choppiness of everything not to mention the lag and glitches. It puzzles me how I can play a racing game and everything is fine, and a game that is static 95% of the time gives my computer so much trouble. On the mobile versions the graphics and feel are what I like and my game seems to be doing a lot better than when I play PC. I am wondering if anyone else has used an app to mirror their ipad or iphone screen onto their TV or monitor. I remember doing this years ago for another game with good success but my phone was jailbroken at the time. It looks like to me the best option is an app called Reflector 2 that I would mirror to my Firestick. The app is $6.99 and I would prefer some input before buying because this would be the only application I would use it for. Any help is greatly appreciated
  • keidan
    311 Posts
    Thu, Sep 28 2017 9:57 PM
    Boognishmofo:
    The main issue I have with PC is the graphics and choppiness of everything not to mention the lag and glitches. It puzzles me how I can play a racing game and everything is fine, and a game that is static 95% of the time gives my computer so much trouble.
    You are jumping into a different ballgame as the WGT computer platform is based on Flashplayer and is experienced in an assortment of ways in an assortment of browsers. Plenty of info from some great people in forum search on this site to choose browsers and optimize Flash for your PC. I have run iRacing and other sims on my machine smooth as butter but had to play around (and still do) to minimize e.g. meter stutter on my end. I have no experience with the mobile platforms so no comments there. -Keith
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Sep 28 2017 10:39 PM
    I don't know about the apps to mirror to your TV (but I'm guessing there might be a lag which would throw you off) I usually like the PC, but I sometimes play the mobile on a Samsung android phone which reacts fast. But I also have an 'android' emulator on my PC which runs the mobile version of WGT. I didn't like the response too much, and balls were all over the course but YOU may like using the NOX emulator (or 'Blue Stacks' is another free one) because you can MAKE THE SCREEN BIGGER ON YOUR PC by clicking and dragging the size of the emulator. Might be worth a try. NOX is free and you can play all sorts of games (apps) on it.
  • Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Fri, Sep 29 2017 4:20 AM
    Nox works
RSS