Forums

Help › Forums

Master Quiters

Sat, Oct 22 2011 10:45 AM (24 replies)
  • PeteConklin
    25 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 2:18 AM

It really amazes me as to how many Masters play us others, and after one bad swing, or after 8 holes, they quit because they are afraid to lose to a lower tier of golfers. Don't get me wrong here, I have played whole games with Masters, and it was a good lesson. I have also won a few, with the few that are True Masters, and play the game, win or lose, because it is fun. And that is my point here my friends. Play the game, and have fun playing it with whom ever joins your group.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 8:57 AM

Pete, if you wish to play with the elite masters of the game, I would suggest you go here! This is were we all visit most evenings. All are welcome, and any questions you have will generally be answered. The stiffest competition you will find anywhere, I assure you. We do match play every night , it will make you bring your A game! Half the masters on this game are not really masters, but players who want to be.

Here is the address for mirc!! Try it sometime, you may enjoy it, and make some good friends! :))

There's a new, non-download way to get into IRC now!

Alternative non-download option:

1.  http://gamesurge.net/chat/

2.  Type /join #WGT

3.  Click IDLERS on the right hand side to display who's in the channel

4.  That's it!

There's no client to download, it functions right within your browser.  Stop by and hang out with us in the 19th hole today!

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 10:02 AM

I agree 100% with blue on IRC. I was warmly welcomed and play some games with the elite almost daily, it is not only fun but they have improved my game vastly.

• PeteConklin
    25 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 7:16 PM

Add Master PGOODY to this list. First hole, bad hit, then dissconnected. Whimp

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 7:51 PM

WGTAlex:
    Do not call out players by name here in the forums, as this is not the proper place. Thanks for understanding.

• PGOODY
    40 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 8:39 PM

PGOODY quit on me as well, double bogeyed the 15th and up and left. What an ass!

• PeteConklin
    25 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 9:45 PM

Then where is the proper place to call them lame morons out. Tell me. I want to know. Are you one of them. Do you even know how to enjoy a game with others. Is your master status/score so special that you lost touch with the fun of gaming. Tell me here out loud

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 10:09 PM

Hey Pete,

Its no good just joining a group of master players or inviting them to play. It doesnt work.

You need to spend some time on the forums, get to know a few people - develop a rapore with them and make friends. Not just inviting anybody to be friends. Its gonna take some time, but its worth it - you end up playing with people of like minded views, make some great friends and its really good fun.

As Nivlac mentioned previously - NO calling out players names on the forums, its not the way nor the place. If you feel the need contact members@wgt  the exact email address is around somewhere.

Just trying to help.

Cheers Doug

PS -  

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 10:12 PM

PeteConklin:
    [stuff...]

Easy fella.  I'm just passing along the rules.

I believe using your own blog on your profile is the acceptable practice, but I could be wrong.

• PeteConklin
    25 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 11:07 PM

You are wrong dude. I have been playing golf on line for many years, The Chrysler AGLS game in fact. Why in the world would you quit playing a game anyways? I was number 1 on the ladder system at AGLS, and I was also on the bottom. It was fun both ways. When you start a game, Finish it. Don't be a sissy about your score, it is about having fun,,sheesh

RSS