Forums

Help › Forums

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM A CLUB ?.

Sat, Oct 7 2017 9:42 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • strat1376
    7 Posts
    Mon, Sep 18 2017 2:58 PM

Thanks for the invite Sue. I will consider it. I was just curious because I never really paid any attention to it before.

• SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Wed, Sep 20 2017 2:14 AM

strat1376:

Have a question. The club Im in currently is down to 4 members with three being officers. I have over double the points of everyone else combined. If I leave is there an advantage for me to go elsewhere or is it all pretty much the same?. Have never really paid a lot of attention to it before. Thanks

If your question is concerning your amount of XP points (over 700000) contributed for your CC, the answer is this : once you go elsewhere, your contribution will start at 0. And to be more precise, it is neither an advantage or disadvantage to you. Those points are really for helping the club level up and unlocking some benefits. So if you go to a higher level club, you will benefit from their benefits - if they actually use all of their benefits - even if your contribution is 0.

But at the end of the day, it's really what the club is all about that will benefit you or not - not those XP points. If you like playing with people more that playing solo tournaments, Sue's club may be a good fit for you because they focus a lot more on the social aspect of this game than anything else. Very friendly folks for having played with them a few times.

Hope that answers your question.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Sep 20 2017 3:26 AM

Probably the most moronic aspect of this entire game - The inability to belong to more than one CC at a time. 

I can't believe that they haven't changed this, so stupid. I can see limiting it to say 3 perhaps, certainly not unlimited or anything but the fact is different CC's offer different things. Sometimes it's fun to just bang around and play AS or play challenging CC events where lots of players enter, or just do nothing at all. 

I have memberships at three places IRL, I don't get emails from them asking me to only play at one course/golf club, they don't care. Neither should WGT. 

At the very least if would be helpful to 'see' what is going on in a CC via some preview method, what type and how many events they have for instance, do they run cr added or just free events? It's hard to find out unless you join, to really see what goes in them. 

• sueomeara
    2,926 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2017 12:47 AM

Hi,

If you were interested in a club why not friend the owner and then message them asking for the information you want about their club.

I'm sure any owner would be pleased to explain what their club is all about.

Sue

• CurtissAngell
    1,213 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2017 4:26 AM

Hi Sue & dedBuNNy,

The club homepage has some useful info available through the activity feed as well. For instance, you can see if people are posting/replying in the club forum or posting tournies. Yes, the details of the tourney info is limited and it also does not reflect/show other communication tools that many clubs use outside of the cumbersome Club Forum, but it can still be helpful to pique in a search for a new home.

P.S. dB,

I still use the the formula you taught me for putting distance, BUT I found I needed to tweak that formula on 13s from .6 and now i'm using .625. My distance is spot-on. Now, if I could just read the dots :-)

• sueomeara
    2,926 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2017 12:42 AM

Hi CurtissAngell,

Thanks for your comments. I think one of the problems is there are just so many clubs out there it can be a bit overwhelming for those people looking for one. It would help if WGT  got rid of the dead ones.

Sue

• CurtissAngell
    1,213 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2017 3:58 AM

sueomeara:

Hi CurtissAngell,

Thanks for your comments. I think one of the problems is there are just so many clubs out there it can be a bit overwhelming for those people looking for one. It would help if WGT  got rid of the dead ones.

Sue

+1

• sueomeara
    2,926 Posts
    Sat, Sep 30 2017 1:52 AM
    Come and give us a try others have. Sue
  • sueomeara
    2,926 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2017 7:20 AM
    Two people who commented on here have since joined my pack. COME AND GIVE US A TRY. Sue
  • sueomeara
    2,926 Posts
    Sat, Oct 7 2017 9:42 AM
    bump
  • PAGES
RSS