Help › Forums

Lovely Loophole or Unfair Advantage?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 29 2009 1:28 PM (53 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 4:48 PM

Crusty56:
    The simplest solution is to start treating tournaments like REAL tournaments, and allow only one entry per golfer. Plain simple, and REALISTIC.
    Crusty56:
    Snaike > No more than at present.
    Then it's not a solution then, simple or otherwise, is it?

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 5:11 PM

Sure it is. I don't believe your "duplicates" are buying clubs for every account they open, (even though WGT would love it if they did) and they sure are not winning anything with starter clubs.

Like I said name just one real golf tournament that allows players to start over, or play additional rounds, to improve their standing.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 5:42 PM

You would be surprised.  Next time you see an unrealistic score on a hack, amat. or pro tourney, look at their equipment...

Most likely they will be upgraded and a duplicate.

In all honesty, I am all for any program that tries to eliminate the number of cheats... but I am a realist and I know they (WGT) will never be successful in getting even the lion's share of them.

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 6:03 PM

The problem, as stated in the OP was about Masters continuing to play in Pro tournaments, with master only equipment. Not the unrealistic scores, posted by dups. If you only get one entry per player in a tournament, there will be no masters teeing off from the pro tees with master only clubs, unless its another of those like Aug. 

Solving the problems with dups is another matter altogether.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 6:46 PM

Erm.  Sorry for any confusion fellas, but I wasn't talking about unlimited play tournaments.

I was only referring to the players in the limbo stage between a Pro and Master promotion and suggesting ways in which that particular problem (mismatching tiers/clubs) could be eliminated.

No comment about unlimited play other than I stick to what I said last March .

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 1:53 AM

Sweetiepie... For someone who has posted a score of 29 in the pro bracket of the Kiawaha unlimited tournament, as well as other great scores in the past week or so.I  think your comments about Rustynipples are a bit out of line.You should in no way what so ever  be playing in the pro bracket with scores like that.In fact, that score you have posted of 29 would actually put you in joint 3rd place in the master tier.So is it realy fair game all around? .. ...    I don't think so do you.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 9:06 AM

Up until two weeks ago, I had played with all freebie clubs except pro starter driver, 3 wood and hybrid all purchased with won credits. Now with the rapture driver, 3 wood and a new set of pro starter irons, I can already see the potential for improved play and anticipate an elevation to the Master tier. I could happen at any time but when it does take place, and it will, it will do so naturally and on its own. I don't dump scores high or low. If I incur a lost ball, for example, I try to bogey the hole and hopefully gain a few birdies to post a score that reflects my best effort. I learn something new every time I play and it is a part of the enjoyment I receive from the game. I can go low, it is true. I can also play with an ice cold putter and be over par. Either way the score is going in because that is what I shot and it will provide accurate information about my game in the statistics. With regard to any previous comments I provided, if re-read, please notice that I made no specific remarks about anyone. But allow me to say this; I play for my pleasure, I am competitive by nature and regardless of my tier level or score ave, it will reflect honestly where my level of play is at the moment.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 9:57 AM

As do I sweetiepie, and some times not naming names is an easy way to point to someone indirectly.

You mentioned it was happening as we speak, well it looks like my name is the only one that would match that right now.

Just don't think that everyone in this game is out to try to screw you or other players over. I try to give back and have been here under 1 month so I am learning constantly, I have been lucky enough to have the people in irc help me alot and not just give up when I ask questions.

Sorry if I offended you there with that post sweetiepie.

BTW the r9 driver is only an advantage if you can hit near the perfect, if you can't you are not on fairway. (or at least in my case)

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 10:24 AM

Cool Sweetiepie....i take it you will become a master after the credits you have been dished out tomorrow in the PRO  section of the weekll;y tournament.But being such an honest lady like you are, i am sure sure you won't accept them ?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 10:56 AM

Seems to me, if she can shoot a 29, she doesn't need them, Cobra.  Although you can't compare her 29 with the Master Leaderboard, as the Masters have to play a longer course. 

But, if she makes Master and wants to buy the better clubs, there is nothing to stop her.  More power to her.  If others are playing Pro Tourneys with Master clubs, why should she handicap herself?

Which, iirc, was the point of this thread in the first place.

RSS