Why i havent heard about this suggestion yet.  Now thats a new one lol

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 7:36 PM

I think WGT has put me on the "ignore list" =(

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 11:19 AM

I wouldn't be surprised. I think you're spamming these forums with the birds topic, mrboo. It may have been funny at first, but now it's just awkward. How would you like it if I started posting the same favourite request of mine to these forums in a new thread every single week?  

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 11:44 AM

Can someone please give mrboo his birds! lol:)

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 1:04 PM

Well these last 2 were too close together I'll agree. But I don't think 1 request a week qualifies as spam. And it's not intended to be funny, I really would like to have some bird sounds in this game. WGT hasn't replied or complained. When they do I will quit. I wouldn't mind your requests, I would probably read it once, see what it is, and leave it at that.. Dunno why you read mine when you already know what it's about.  And I really don't see how it's a bother. These are addressed to WGT not fellow members. If it really bothers you that much I'll quit and just start emailing WGT about it. I just figured this was the place to do it, emails are for more "serious" stuff. Didn't mean to upset anyone, goodness.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 1:32 PM

I think all product suggestions goes to the "ignore list" :(

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 1:34 PM

I would enjoy the sound of birds also. This is supposed to be realistic isn't it.

(off topic)

Don't listen to him Boo. Just remember that he's the one who had to be challenged to stop blathering on about his favorite subject....and that was way more than a once a week thing.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 3:16 PM

mrboo:
    But I don't think 1 request a week qualifies as spam.

I do. It's most definitely spam. (I say that as someone who gets paid for forum moderation elsewhere.) Please don't be offended; I simply wanted to point that out.

A milder, sometimes tolerable form of emphasizing one's concern is to launch a thread about it and then "bump" it regularly (post a one-word reply to the thread) so that the thread keeps reappearing at the top of the Active Threads list. However, even this kind of bumping is prohibited in many forums.

mrboo:
    WGT hasn't replied or complained. When they do I will quit.

As I'm sure you've noticed, this is an unmoderated forum. But this circumstance shouldn't be taken advantage of, I think.
    mrboo:
    These are addressed to WGT not fellow members.
    Then you really should email WGT instead, I think. The discussion forum is a venue, I believe, where one should only post if what one writes is intended both for WGT and fellow forum users. (Or only for fellow forum users.)
    mrboo:
    If it really bothers you that much 
    It's not a tragedy, but because these forums are unmoderated, we get to see an insane amount of unintentionally duplicate & redundant threads here on a daily or hourly basis. Now, to introduce even more redundant & duplicate threads here intentionally, really seems suicidal.
    drivnchaos:
    Just remember that he's the one who had to be challenged to stop blathering on about his favorite subject....and that was way more than a once a week thing.
    Never. Not a single time. I have never launched a single thread in these discussion forums to deal with quitters specifically. I have merely expressed agreement with quitters concerns voiced by others. To intolerant minds, that seems outrageous.  
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 3:43 PM

Ok Faterson, I understand. I'll just email WGT. Probably more effective anyways. Sorry for causing problems. =(

RSS