Forums

Help › Forums

Gift golf balls

Mon, Feb 13 2023 4:43 PM (40 replies)
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 3:57 AM

If I'm not mistaken, I think the option of gifting balls after a match is because lots of folks have an informal wager of a pack of golf balls. This option just helps them settle up after the match.

• MAS1958
    1 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2021 9:41 AM

While I can "appreciate" the option to gift someone some golf balls, I wish the UI wasn't so easy. I have inadvertently gifted balls because the gift button is on the right side and there is no prompt to confirm that's what I actually want.

If the button location doesn't change, at least add a confirmation prompt!

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2021 3:57 PM

MAS1958:
    If the button location doesn't change, at least add a confirmation prompt!

I agree, a confirmation prompt would be nice.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I'd like to know if Robert is still playing Xbox 24/7.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2021 6:25 PM

I've found something even better! Keeps me entertained for days. 

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2021 3:37 AM

I LOVE THAT TENNIS GAME TOO .

• ElDystoped
    49 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2021 7:08 AM

So this has been a thing for years now, and no answer or change from wgt at all. Still no confirmation and no option to turn it off. Says a lot about wgt.  Same for the use cc pass and sponser pop-ups, all these should be toggle-able options. We shouldn't have to see these unless we want to.. These things make the game so annoying at times, and they do not care one bit. How much do you think they make from accidental clicks?  Obviously enough to not care about us.. 

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2021 11:57 AM

It's a for profit business. Up to you to be careful where you click. Cheers

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2021 12:40 PM

ElDystoped:
    How much do you think they make from accidental clicks?

I suspect they make quite a bit on the gifting at the end of the round.

On this one, I definitely agree with all of the criticism WGT has received. Gifting should be a two-stage process and include a confirmation icon a player has to click on to complete the gifting process. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2021 1:48 PM

I can't help but think that's the whole point of it : it's there for you to accidentally or carelessly click on and kaching!! Easy $$$ for WGT probably laughing at you and saying "You sucka".

RSS