Forums

Help › Forums

Gift golf balls

Mon, Feb 13 2023 4:43 PM (40 replies)
  • PMarkS88
    6 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2017 8:42 PM

After each game of head to head play, it prompts you to gift balls to your opponent. I have had his app for several years and I have never once gifted, nor has anyone ever gifted me balls. It's a complete waste of time at the end of a match. Please stop with the option of gifting golf balls. It's completely stupid.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2017 1:47 PM

Yes, I probably wouldn't gift you any balls either.

You might want to sit down before reading this next bit because it may come as a shock to you, but your experience and your preferences do not allow you to speak for anyone else other than yourself. Just because you don't want to gift balls to anyone this way doesn't mean others feel the same, and so to ask WGT to remove this feature just because you don't use it or like it is a bit selfish wouldn't you say?

• PMarkS88
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2017 1:54 PM

You're opinion is worth about as much as mine.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2017 2:00 PM

Think of it like the wait person at you favorite restaurant: they always ask if you want an appatizer. Do you ever tell them to never ask you that question again?  No, you just politely say "No, thank you."   They then leave your table to go do something else. Same here.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2017 8:08 PM

PMarkS88:

Actually, on here, I think the other person's opinion is probably worth a bit more. That's especially so since it's clear that he's spent a lot more time on the game and in these fora, which means he most likely has much better insights into both than you do. 

It's simply not true that all opinions are equal. Some may have substantially more experience and thought behind them. 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2017 9:10 PM

Robert1893:

PMarkS88:

Actually, on here, I think the other person's opinion is probably worth a bit more. That's especially so since it's clear that he's spent a lot more time on the game and in these fora, which means he most likely has much better insights into both than you do. 

It's simply not true that all opinions are equal. Some may have substantially more experience and thought behind them. 

+1.

• Alexiss8
    22 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2017 10:01 PM

If I may?  The subject change of gifting balls has suddenly switched to a matter of opinions.  

So I thought, if you folks don't mind, going back to the original subject.

When you friend a player, you are looking for competition, a partner to play repeatebly, a person you feel comfortable with while you play, and a conversationalist, (at times).  As you play and get to know your partner, you get a good feeling for what their situation is. Example, you see quite a few players who use starter sets as money is not wanting to be wasted.  These players can be very highly ranked and very comfortable with there bag set up.

there are those players who wish to be able to improve their bag set up but just can't afford club changes, only a ball purchase every now and then.

Then there are the flash players, it's all about the Bling baby and they can kill the golf mood with a lights out knock out in 3 holes or 18.

My point:

i gift balls to those friends or not, who I feel can benefit from it period.  I will say this, fact, if you gift, you will receive, if the person can afford it.  Even low level balls can be used for Topp Golf or emergencies.  We spend to much of our lives, judging, blaming, hating, not to give a box of three golf balls that may help lower an average just enough for that Master ranking! :)

This is my opinion.  You cannot win an opinion argument.  Options are just that, options, you choose!🏌😎

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 10:42 AM

Alexiss8:
    You cannot win an opinion argument.

In my opinion, I can! :-) 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Aug 31 2017 11:13 AM

What's up with these level 92 Tour Pro's  ??

RSS