Forums

Help › Forums

There seems to be a problem with your internet connection. A connection with the WGT servers could not be established. Do you want to retry?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 21 2023 5:02 AM (7 replies)
  • philostine
    1,542 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 5:55 PM

Games was working no probs. now cant play . .suggestions please

There seems to be a problem with your internet connection. A connection with the WGT servers could not be established.

Do you want to retry?

Tried IE 8, Firefox, Chrome  also on laptop . .same problem.

Windows XP - -Verizon Fios 25/5 mb

maybe it's parental controls from the wonderful CA?

Phil

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 6:10 PM

hi

try the following for all browsers and see if it helps you

• Clear Browser cache: Click here for instructions.
    • Clear Adobe Flash cache: Click here , and click the "Delete all sites" button in the Settings Manager.

-wgticon

• philostine
    1,542 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 6:14 PM

tried that before  . . . doesn't work

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2011 10:32 PM

This has happened to me countless times. The cache clearing has absolutely nothing to do with it. Bottom line--you have lost your internet connection. If you tried to access any other web site you would have the same problem.

If repeated efforts to reconnect through the "retry prompt" on WGT does not work then you have to reset your internet connection. There are a number of ways to do this. You may have a reset option on your system or just reconnect by turning stuff off and then back on.

This cache clearing option is what I like to call "the snake oil option".. It cures everything.

It doesn't... 

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 1:27 AM

RUSTY40:

This has happened to me countless times. The cache clearing has absolutely nothing to do with it. Bottom line--you have lost your internet connection. If you tried to access any other web site you would have the same problem.

this has happened to me and I know it isn't my connection as I can access any other browser on the internet, so yes it is a problem WGT's end not always the user's end, why is it that people on here always say user end, maybe if wgt got their act together and tried to fix some of the known problems with this game they would not have so many disgruntled user's  

• philostine
    1,542 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2011 10:49 AM

Thanks for you assistance folks . . . i have solved the problem . . CA Parental Controls issue . . WGT offers a dating service which is blocked by CA

• Hambone46
    1 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2013 10:48 AM

I am trying to log in to the site on my windows server 2012 which has no ca parental controls. I am having the same problem login to the site from chrome, ie and firefox, saying I have an internet connection problem but I can brows out to an other web site I want. ???????

There is something wrong with the authentication on WGT.!!

• dixie122
    1 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2023 5:02 AM

Totally agree never had a problem till this week

RSS