Forums

Help › Forums

Putt preview question

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 17 2017 2:12 PM (3 replies)
  • slimjym
    141 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 5:58 AM

Recently while playing a course from the "OBJECTIVES" box, I came across "Putt Preview" for the 1st time. I realize there are strong sentiments both pro & con from players who "love it or hate it" after reading WGT blogs. I myself found it quite beneficial in improving my game (although it took me some time to figure how to use it). Even then, I'm not sure I'm using it correctly. Can anyone direct me to instructions for correct usage? Haven't seemed to find any explanations when searching WGT. Lastly, is Putt Preview enabled every time we play courses in the Objectives box? 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 10:37 AM

slimjym:
    is Putt Preview enabled every time we play courses in the Objectives box? 

The only time I see the Putt Preview is in practice mode.

slimjym:
    I'm not sure I'm using it correctly. Can anyone direct me to instructions for correct usage

I have not seen any instructions, but when I use it, and if the putt does not go in, I adjust the aim marker again.

Since the preview always dings and if I don't, I can see if I'm pushing or pulling my putt. I like that it helps you with the read. On difficult putts, I wear the mulligan out! lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 12:08 PM

slimjym:
    Even then, I'm not sure I'm using it correctly. Can anyone direct me to instructions for correct usage?

Like Z pointed out, you only see that in practice mode. As far as how to use it, there are no real directions other than aim, take your swing and watch the putt. Being a preview, you can then move the aimer wherever you want and then take your real swing.

It's a good way to figure out how the speed of the dots and the actual green speed affect the putting arc as well as dialing in your putter for distance. Hit the mulligan option to try again.

You can set up a practice round on any course and you'll get the PP option, it doesn't have to come from the OBJECTIVES box. The key is practice mode.

• slimjym
    141 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 2:12 PM

Thx for advice & how to use."Putt Preview" I found it again under practice mode. I may have been in error thinking I found it solely in the "Objectives Box". In any event, I'm now comfortable using it. 

RSS