Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club League - Summer 2011 Cup

Fri, Sep 9 2011 7:53 AM (940 replies)
  • slor
    902 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 10:41 AM

Yes it does work! Because of my time constraints, I am a bit behind, but a plan is in the works.

• slor
    902 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 11:08 AM

Apologies again to all, but my work constraints are such that it would not be wise for me to commit to running this at this time.

As we are starting to run into the virtual US Open / Open Championship season as well which will get everyone's attention until the middle of July, the best course of action for this league is to wait until after those opens have been completed. I'm sorry to disappoint clubs that are itching to get going. I would love to, but this isn't possible at the moment.

• Corndog36
    219 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 1:24 AM

slor:

Apologies again to all, but my work constraints are such that it would not be wise for me to commit to running this at this time.

As we are starting to run into the virtual US Open / Open Championship season as well which will get everyone's attention until the middle of July, the best course of action for this league is to wait until after those opens have been completed. I'm sorry to disappoint clubs that are itching to get going. I would love to, but this isn't possible at the moment.

Fully Understand mate and thanks for the Heads up....  Thanks again and take it easy...

Corndog

United Nations CC

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 1:33 AM

How many players make up a team.

• AndyAEllis
    1,761 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 4:32 PM

Hi Slor,

I'm a  relatively new club owner (Yorkshire County Golf Club) but I've built it very quickly so we have 238 members at this time. However, being new, I've only just discovered your post about inter-club competitions. Can you tell me how this works (or point me in the right direction for the original rules). I'm sure my members would be interested.

Also -anyone - has anyone ever run a Club championship? How did you work out a handicap system?

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

AndyaEllis

• MrDonVito
    472 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 10:12 PM

suncity28:

How many players make up a team.

7 players per team, 5 of them play per week!

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 3:30 AM

MrDonVito:
    7 players per team, 5 of them play per week!

Thanks for the information.

• gordonparker
    824 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 11:40 AM

nudge nudge

the elite cc will have 3 teams if thats aloud

gordon

• billcliff
    2,616 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 12:23 PM

The Derbyshire g cc would like to enter 1 team,thanks

Clive (billcliff)

• JayInAtlanta
    1,770 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2011 2:30 PM

I too just started my club this year and it's gotten to the level of membership we wanted.  So we're very interested in playing in a cross-club league but didn't know the logistics of how it's done.  In fact, one of our members was going to set up a website and determine a way to manage a cross-club championship "offline."

So I'll stay tuned for any future details.

RSS