1,555 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2011 1:57 PM

Bitter.....no

Immature......very!!

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2011 8:58 PM

skeggy108:

You had better make it compulsory to use SKYPE whilst playing matches or certain teams will walk out on you!!!

SKYPE? ARE YOU SERIOUS? As the Captain of 2 of the 3 Spring Championship teams, that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Let em walk.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Wed, May 4 2011 9:49 PM

I will second that Lisa!!

• bigchunky17
    850 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 2:14 AM

Lisa03:

SKYPE? ARE YOU SERIOUS? As the Captain of 2 of the 3 Spring Championship teams, that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Let em walk.

For the avoidance of any further confusion. The post which initiated this debate was made by a member of UKGE CC. A number of players who represented that club in the Winter League have since left the club and joined the Skype Players CC.

This is simply because we preferred to use Skype to play our golf as we feel it adds immensely to the "social" side of WGT.

At no stage has there been any suggestion of "insisting" on using skype within the summer league. And quite frankly the inference is absurd!

Skype Players CC are looking to enter teams in the Summer League. At no point has the fact we chat on skype had any bearing whatsoever on our inclusion in the League.

I cannot help feeling that the original post by my former clubmate smacks of "sour grapes" because we left the club. I hope this clears up the issue..

BC17

• thewonderstuff
    1,436 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 3:53 AM

no sour grapes here karl lol...... looking forward to playing against you and the rest of the guys in the league if were in the same division.........good luck too you all.   tws

• meandmyputter
    608 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 4:21 AM

So true BC, well said.

Me

• adeypa
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 10:16 AM

thewonderstuff:

no sour grapes here karl lol...... looking forward to playing against you and the rest of the guys in the league if were in the same division.........good luck too you all.   tws

Good man TWS, i can assure you the good wishes go both ways,

Ade

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 12:18 PM

No doubt some have found SKYPE an enjoyable tool for "social interaction", but not everyone has the luxury of having Top Shelf machines or High Speed Internet connections to support usage. Plus there are reports of the down side of using SKYPE as it requires a certain amount of bandwidth and opens the door for a myriad of other problems.

• skeggy108
    1,555 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 5:42 PM

No sour grapes here. I rememeber a few of the guys who left had posts on their profiles boasting about being part of the terrible ten or terrible twelve or whatever it was.  I know it was a childish comment but i really dont care and i'm glad it got some reaction. I know most of u are decent guys and i wish u all the best in your CC and in the league

• tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 12:23 PM

S o how does this work? any details so I can present this to my club?

thanks

RSS