Forums

Help › Forums

Tiers

Wed, Apr 27 2011 7:36 AM (4 replies)
  • eligolfer
    87 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2011 7:11 AM

Is there any excact scheme or something on when you move up a tier? Becuase im now a pro with a scoring average of 70.92. Ive seen lots of your pros and even higher tiered guys have worse score so what makes you "level" up a tier?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2011 10:01 AM

No, there is no 'exact scheme'.. and for a very good reason.

It's called "sand-bagging".  Some of the less reputable players, if they knew exactly what it took to get to the next level, would get as close as they could without going over, in order to play and beat players of the lower level.

Just play the best you can and when your game says you're ready to move up, you will.

Have a nice day.

• R580XD
    36 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2011 3:56 PM

The reason you see people at more advanced tiers with higher averages is because once you get there it gets more difficult, especially Legend, trust me I was a 57, now I am a 67 :)

• eligolfer
    87 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 2:06 AM

Yeh off course :) But I meen people one tier better than me (tour pro I think its called) who have scoreaverages about 75. I know how 70.00 so it cant be 5 strokes harder between these two tiers can it?

There must be some kind of system when to move up, it cant happen randomly lol. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 7:36 AM

eligolfer:
    There must be some kind of system when to move up, it cant happen randomly

There is, Eli. What you are seeing is the new average at the new tier. When you move up you don't stay with the average you had-you determine a new one by playing ranked rounds. Given that the move up typically makes the courses harder it is quite natural for averages to spike. They will level out as you play.

What Snaike is referring to are  the players that advance a level, establish a really high average real fast  and then keep it there by not posting every round that would lower it. This way you think you're playing somebody with a particular average that might actually be fake and misleading. If you don't play MPCs and don't care about winning tournaments this will never really affect you.

RSS