Forums

Help › Forums

Post Your Best Replays Here!

Tue, Jan 23 2024 6:21 PM (3,474 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2023 9:32 PM

HamdenPro:

SoCalJim23:
    This past August.........Hit a 282.29 Yard "Double-Eagle"

Sorry Jim, got that beat and with a replay!

Steff, that's a great shot!  Well done, and thanks for sharing the replay 🙂

Jim, I seem to remember your posting (in another thread) about your 282 yard Double Eagle.  Congratulations!  Did you happen to save a replay for us to enjoy?  As this thread is for posting replays, I'd love to see yours 🙂

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2023 10:10 PM

I think HK and Jimbo should have a "post-off" about who the greatest player is on wgt. We can let a few of the mere mortals, like Mags, decide who the greatest is...based on their posts, of course..:)

While they are at it, Henry can compare his 5000 "friends" list to Jimbo's wall of Playboy bunnies. Which is more impressive?

Honestly, this has the makings of a gr8 rivalry !!

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2023 10:11 PM

ScottHope:

But this raises a question for me. If you hole a shot on a dogleg, is the yardage recorded as the route that your ball took (red line on the picture below), or the yardage via the fairway (yellow line).

Scott, as luck would have it, I have a replay here that I think answers that question.  It's from GraceyGirl, who gave me permission to share.

If you look at this hole (Wolf Creek #14), it's extremely similar to your pic.  As the replay shows, the official scorecard hole distance (upper left) shows 380 yds, but the aimer box shows 328 yds, as does the Shot Distance (lower right) when the ball goes in the hole at about the 0:19 mark.  So it looks like the official holed distance would be 328 yds (the red line in your example).

Hope this helps.

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Thu, Nov 9 2023 12:48 AM

Thank you Sam.  ; )

Super shot GG!

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2023 6:15 AM

HP - anyone could have holed that tee shot with a $1.33 (.3333333333333333) ball, thats just too easy!  To make it a proper (and let's use the proper name here - golf was invented in Scotland, therefore we will use the original British term) albatross you have to have used either a 33 cent ball (I bet he didn't pay 33 cents for his though!) or a free starter ball.

However, notwithstanding that the shot was too easy with a $1.33 (.333333333333333) ball, if the odds of getting a hole-in-one is 13,000 to 1, and getting an albatross is 6,000,000 to 1, the odds of getting an albatross on a par 4 are so astronomically high that my 40-year-old Casio fx510 scientific calculator exploded when it tried to work it out.

Not sure if I should send the bill to you for a new calculator for getting a hole-one on a par 4, or to Jim for making me work out the odds?!?

• GraceyGirl
    242 Posts
    Sat, Dec 30 2023 11:28 AM

im not sure if i want to respond to this ,,but why not,, here goes   ,,1st ,, lets do the odds ,, so as i see it ,,you have 11 hio's ,, so the odds of u getting another hio before i get 100 more would be something like1 in a 100 ,,,i would even buy you a ball of your choice ,,just to see you fail ,as most of the trolls that  write ugly stuff  about what other players do that in this case u cant,,so as i dont like to respond to ignorant posts ,, i felt this was justified 

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2023 2:30 PM

GraceyGirl:
    as most of the trolls that  write ugly stuff  about what other players do that in this case u cant,,so as i dont like to respond to ignorant posts ,

The odds he quoted are way out of line with reality. 6,000,000 to 1 for a double eagle is absurd....just like his comments.

Ignorant people write ignorant posts.

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2023 9:35 PM

January 1, 2024........I just now GOOGLED the odds for hitting a Hole-In-One and a Double-Eagle.  I'm sort of assuming they results were for REAL GOLF, not WGT Golf.

The article stated:  12,500 to 1 for a Hole-In-One

6 million to 1 for a Double-Eagle

Though I personally believe that the odds are lower here on WGT golf as we are not physically hitting a golf ball. Still, BOTH of those shots are very difficult to hit even here on WGT.

But as difficult as it is to hit a Double-Eagle.....I've seen some Tour Champions who haven't even hit one and have been here on WGT for 10 years or longer  I believe that "Gracey" has us all beat with her more than 1,000 Hole-in-Ones and many Double-Eagles....Wow!

Jim

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2023 9:47 PM

January 1, 2024............I meant to say........GraceyGirl's 2,850 Hole-In-Ones and 65 Double Eagles.

CONGRATS GraceyGirl on your incredible WGT Stats!!!

Best Regards,

Jim

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2023 10:35 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    The odds he quoted are way out of line with reality. 6,000,000 to 1 for a double eagle is absurd.

I believe those odds are for a double eagle (albatross) in real-life golf, not WGT golf.

I am not sure what the odds would be for a WGT albatross, but just using my own stats (as of this writing) as an example:  I've played 61,344 holes and gotten 4 albatrosses.  That's one albatross every 15,336 holes.  Certainly MUCH better odds than real-life golf 😄

Anyway, in an attempt to get this thread back on track... because the thread is about posting replays... here's the 2nd of two HIOs I got this past month.  A nice way to end 2023 😊

RSS