Forums

Help › Forums

Post Your Best Replays Here!

Tue, Jan 23 2024 6:21 PM (3,474 replies)
  • SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2023 9:48 AM

Hello HamdenPro........Well, I don't think so. Your WGT Profile shows that your longest "Holed Shot" is only 196.00 Yards.  My "Holed shot was 282.29 yards using a .33 cent ball & is documented on my WGT Profile. And, I hit my long "Holed Shot" using only average clubs (see the clubs in my bag).

Longest "Holed Shots" include "Hole-In-Ones", "Eagles" & "Double-Eagles".

Your "Hole-in-One" on that hole was a great shot.....for sure!

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2023 9:59 AM

P.S........HamdenPro.  I watched your "Hole-In-One" for an "Eagle" again very closely......and I looked closely at the "distance" after your ball went into the hole....and it said "281.00 Yards"......how is that longer than "282.29 Yards"?

Regards,

Jim

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2023 11:00 AM

Great shots guys!

But this raises a question for me. If you hole a shot on a dogleg, is the yardage recorded as the route that your ball took (red line on the picture below), or the yardage via the fairway (yellow line)?

• craigswan
    30,988 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2023 11:18 AM

Red line for me .

• craigswan
    30,988 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2023 11:22 AM

Dogleg Holes

Measurements of dogleg holes typically follow the standard playing path.

A measurement of a dogleg par 4, for example, will begin at the tee marker and advance to the middle of the fairway at the dogleg’s pivot point. A second measurement is then made from the pivot point to the center of the green and the two measurements are added. Section 12-2a of the Handicap Manual advises course officials to select a spot approximately 250 yards from the tee for men and 210 yards for women if a typical pivot point cannot be determined..

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2023 12:09 PM

ScottHope:

But this raises a question for me. If you hole a shot on a dogleg, is the yardage recorded as the route that your ball took (red line on the picture below), or the yardage via the fairway (yellow line).

As far as WGT is concerned, the distance is measured by the yellow line, as would be in real life (as Craig points out). Using this distance, my shot would be 293 yards.

Notwithstanding, using the red line, which is what I believe would be the distance shown in the "aiming box" accurately measures the distance of the ball flight, which in my case, tee to pin, is showing as 281 yards.

Personally, I think the red line is more telling but the yellow line distance has been what has been used (IMO) when posting in the threads about distances of their shots from the tee.

My hole in one on #12 Chambers would be considered 293 yards, "course" distance from tee to pin.

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2023 12:21 PM

deleted by me.......

But I would like to wish ALL WGT members a Very Happy New Year in 2024.....and much success to all of you here on WGT.

Sincerely,

Jim

SoCalJim23

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2023 1:08 PM

Craig, Steff and Jim, thank you for your responses.  ; )

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2023 4:13 PM

SoCalJim23:
    Also, the odds on hitting a "Hole-In-One" are 13,000 to 1......the odds of hitting a "Double-Eagle" are 6 million to 1.

I think the odds are a lot less than what you say on WGT courses.

Just saying...

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Wed, Nov 8 2023 7:11 PM

SoCalJim23:
    Your WGT Profile shows that your longest "Holed Shot" is only 196.00 Yards.

My profile stats do not reflect my longest holed shot (or putt for that matter) as not all rounds are included in stats. Obviously, I have holed out from longer than 196 as the video shows.

What is your point anyway? It seems from the many, many, post in these forum threads about your wonderful play, using mediocre clubs and starter or 33 cent balls, that you are the greatest player of all time, maybe even better than Henry Kawa (which I doubt). Is that your point .... "Look at how good I am"?

I am the first to admit, I am not that good, but am lucky. I am nowhere as good as you and certainly do not have the proper equipment for a measuring contest.

Regards

RSS