Forums

Help › Forums

Puttin' On The Blitz - Saturday Marathon Challenge

Sat, Mar 4 2017 3:10 PM (91 replies)
  • YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 3:54 PM

While I take a short break ----- Prize to first to answer this question:

What year was the first playable commercial golf simulator introduced?

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 4:00 PM

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 4:01 PM

TRIVIA CONTEST BONUS QUESTION:

Bonus prize if you can name the 2 courses offered by the 1st Golf Simulator

Takin my break --- Finally
    Back and re-charged by 4:30pm PST

THX -- Yancy

This is fun!

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 4:13 PM

I think it was early1970 or some where around there

Siders Best

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 4:20 PM

YancyCan:
    What year was the first playable commercial golf simulator introduced?

MC

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 4:33 PM

Good try ---- But gonna give clues as earlier or later only

"Earlier than 1973"

BACK AND READY FOR ALL WGTers --- Lets Blitz!

Yancy

PS ---- THIS IS GOING TO BE PLAYED AGAIN TOMORROW, DUE TO TECH ISSUES AKA GREMLINS IN THE MACHINE. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR PATIENCE

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 4:43 PM

Yancy ,, here is a hint for getting back to green , Play " Point and Click " .  Load up with Starter balls and play a fast as you can with your friends , The score does not matter ,  In the time it takes to play one good round O blits you could bang out 3 or 4 fast games to the finish .

OPY

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 4:54 PM

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 5:57 PM

Thanks for the round Yancy that was fun!!! hope you get back to green soon enough..

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sat, Feb 4 2017 6:36 PM

Big Thanks to Opy!
    We played 2 Blitzes --- Both of which disconnected....I may be worse of after today than before LOL. Had maybe 6 disconnects today --- and other tech issues and general weirdness --- which has lead to many players not getting a round in --- I am sincerely sorry.

To fix this ---- This is getting extended thru tomorrow until kick-off time at SuperBowl.
    I may also be back tonight for a spell --- Did 6.5 hours solid today, and tried to do the best possible job (was by myself today - as this was a last minute idea):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE -- IF YOU DIDNT GET TO PLAY TODAY -- GAME BACK ON TOMORROW
    IF YOU WANT PLEASE POST HERE FOR A LIST OF NAMES THAT I WILL MAKE SURE GET TO PLAY IN THIS -- EVEN IF IT RUNS TILL NEXT WEDNESDAY.

I (this is Yancy) AM SO THANKFUL FOR ALL THE SUPPORT IN THIS UNUSUAL CAUSE, AND HAD A BALL TODAY WHEN THINGS WERE RUNNING SMOOTH
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gonna break off here and get some food etc... Will be in/out tonight at times, hit me up anytime. Back on tomorrow at app. 10am PST

RSS