Help › Forums

Send a message button doesnt work

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 2 2009 5:34 AM (8 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 3:29 AM

Hi,

This has I believe been flagged before?? However this past few days / week -  the send a message button on other players profiles does not work.

I have relaoded etc etc etc - but still no luck.  My Messages works fine, as do all the other buttons - except the "send a message button"

Cheers Doug

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 10:22 AM

Is the button grayed out, or are you able to click it and it does nothing? Is the person you are trying to send a message to a mutual friend of yours? Have you tried it using another browser?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 10:43 AM

Doug, there is a bug that if someone deletes you from their Friends list, you won't be able to send them private messages. However, these persons who deleted you, don't disappear from your Friends list.

It's a bug that's been reported several times now. As WGTalex says, friendships should always be mutual. However, in order for this to work, WGT must remove the bug described above. If someone deletes you from their Friends list, your Friends count should decrease by 1, and that person should disappear from your Friends list. Right now, this isn't happening.

Maybe you tried to send a message to someone who had deleted you from their Friends list? Take a look at that person's Friends collection to check if you can still see your avatar picture there.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 1:01 PM

Yes, we are working to have a fix for this in our next release.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 1:48 PM

Mine never goes on the first try, when it reloads I resend, then it always posts twice! I know i'm old, but I haven't figured that one out yet! Help me Alex??

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 3:10 PM

Alex can help you being old?!?!!?  Wow!  Where's the line, I want that kind of help, too!!

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 3:42 PM

Mine doesnt work either. I have to go back to the quick reply button,, and type the message.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 7:06 PM

Thanks for the reports. dorkfeatures, claremoreblue, and edchavez, would you mind sending your system specs and browser info to us at members@worldgolftour.com?

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2009 5:34 AM

Hi All,

The button is working today for the first time in a week ?????????????????????

It has nothing to do with the bug, that works around the removal of friends.

The button is there to press, however when I pressed it nothing happened. All the other buttons worked fine except that one !!

There is definately some form of intermittent bug there.

Cheers Doug

RSS