Forums

Help › Forums

A Big Thank You WGT !

Thu, Feb 2 2017 6:42 AM (26 replies)
  • garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Mon, Dec 19 2016 6:26 PM

Thought I'd post this here as I didn't want to screw up the Downtime post.

Anyway a big thank you to WGT's Customer Support team !

A while back I upgraded to the M1 Method putter L96 from my L72 Method putter. The old one has 10 20 50 etc. increments and I really liked it for that reason.

The new M1 has increments of 15 30 60 etc. I tried it and even though it has those increments it is a very good putter ! I just didn't like the 15 30 etc.

Last night I found out that the M2 has the 10 and 20 increments. That's what I wanted in the 1st. place.  Oh no---I bought the wrong putter!!  What do I do now !

Well, last night I contacted Customer Support and explained what I had done. Today this evening they sent me an e-mail saying that they had switched out the M1 for the M2 !!

YES--Thank you Thank you Thank you

You guys are GREAT !!

Gary

PS  Merry Christmas to everyone !!

• callaghan159
    6,210 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2016 12:46 AM

garylewisgr:

Thought I'd post this here as I didn't want to screw up the Downtime post.

Anyway a big thank you to WGT's Customer Support team !

A while back I upgraded to the M1 Method putter L96 from my L72 Method putter. The old one has 10 20 50 etc. increments and I really liked it for that reason.

The new M1 has increments of 15 30 60 etc. I tried it and even though it has those increments it is a very good putter ! I just didn't like the 15 30 etc.

Last night I found out that the M2 has the 10 and 20 increments. That's what I wanted in the 1st. place.  Oh no---I bought the wrong putter!!  What do I do now !

Well, last night I contacted Customer Support and explained what I had done. Today this evening they sent me an e-mail saying that they had switched out the M1 for the M2 !!

YES--Thank you Thank you Thank you

You guys are GREAT !!

Gary

PS  Merry Christmas to everyone !!

Nice to read a positive post instead of someone bitching again.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2016 11:09 AM

Personally I have always found CS reasonably helpful and good to see they took a sensible approach.

When you do not get a robotic reply, the staff are pretty good. The automatic replies using word recognition are appalling.

Well done CS (human) in his instance..

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Tue, Dec 20 2016 12:15 PM

Gary, 

Just double check that as i went on to your profile & when i hovered over your putter it showed it counting down from 22 d's, hr's, mins 

Ken

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2016 5:56 AM

Kenher01:

Gary, 

Just double check that as i went on to your profile & when i hovered over your putter it showed it counting down from 22 d's, hr's, mins 

Ken

Yeah--Ken, I noticed that right away too. I don't know what it means.  Maybe I should contact CS again .

Have a nice Christmas !

Gary

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Dec 21 2016 6:53 AM

Have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year also Gary 

PS, Thats goes for everyone on WGT including the handful that i can count on one hand that i have blocked ;)

Ken

• dandycap
    1,806 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2016 4:37 AM

Yes Gary...    Mr WiGiT did the same for me when I purchased the Sabertooth putter.   

OMG!    What would you do if the time ran out on your putter during a game?    How do you hit a wedge shot from 3 feet?

Thank you Mr WiGiT and Merry Christmas!

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2016 2:41 PM

LOL--Joe-- that's a good one !  I guess I'd have to use my driver !

I did contact Wgt concerning the clock.  When you hover your cursor over the putter like Ken suggested  it does have a count down on it .

Here is their response.        

"We are discontinuing all Nike equipment but it has been extended through January. When the Nike equipment are removed, we will  be replacing your equipment with a WGT Branded version with the same stats."

What does this mean? I think what they are saying is that some time in Jan. 2017 everyone who has Nike equipment will have it replaced with WGT's brand. That's how I read it ! I could be wrong though !

The funny thing is that the clock now has 24 days on it. Its going up !

Also if I hover my cursor over my Nike irons nothing happens !

I'm not too worried---I still have my L72 Nike putter---or will I if they change everything that's Nike branded !    Interesting times !

Gary

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2016 3:27 PM

The CS team on here have always been helpful to me when I've needed to contact them.

garylewisgr:
    The funny thing is that the clock now has 24 days on it. Its going up !

I've no idea why but it seems to be counting down from when you bought the MI (-24 days from  the 29th of November).

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:31 PM

garylewisgr:

Here is their response.        

"We are discontinuing all Nike equipment but it has been extended through January. When the Nike equipment are removed, we will  be replacing your equipment with a WGT Branded version with the same stats."

What does this mean? I think what they are saying is that some time in Jan. 2017 everyone who has Nike equipment will have it replaced with WGT's brand. That's how I read it ! I could be wrong though !

That is how I read that too....obviously the licence will expire........unlike real clubs that will continue to work until the break or are replaced by the owner regardless if they have been discontinued.

It certainly would be a first where a club is re-branded after being discontinued on here.

Perhaps WGT should have been clear about that before lowering the levels, knowingly selling something that will have the licence revoked.

I know brands count for naught and we simply pay for the programmed "attributes" but some honesty would have been appreciated as there are some numptys who would buy purely on the "brand".

Funny when one looks for a "trusted brand" WGT would probably be so far removed from everyones minds....................

RSS