Forums

Help › Forums

A Big Thank You WGT !

Thu, Feb 2 2017 6:42 AM (26 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 12:39 PM

Joshnosh:
    obviously if i bought the nike 92 irons now they would be a massive upgrade on the r11s,

An improvement yes, but not massive.

Joshnosh:
    this is the reason i stopped 18 months ago cause it would have taken so long to get to level 100 

Pathetic excuse. These days clubs are excellent at lower levels and players can compete with them. I still us the R11's when my game goes off, and there is a negligible difference in results....just the meter speed is faster.

Regardless of what the clubs are branded, WGT will continue to have similar spec clubs in the future.

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2017 2:23 AM

they have a slower meter, more spin, and more accuracy thats massive to me,

And i think there is a big difference in what you call competing and what i call competing :)

i dont see anyone winning credits who are not using the nikes

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Jan 26 2017 10:19 AM

alanti:

garylewisgr:

Here is their response.        

"We are discontinuing all Nike equipment but it has been extended through January. When the Nike equipment are removed, we will  be replacing your equipment with a WGT Branded version with the same stats."

What does this mean? I think what they are saying is that some time in Jan. 2017 everyone who has Nike equipment will have it replaced with WGT's brand. That's how I read it ! I could be wrong though !

That is how I read that too....obviously the licence will expire........unlike real clubs that will continue to work until the break or are replaced by the owner regardless if they have been discontinued.

It certainly would be a first where a club is re-branded after being discontinued on here.

Perhaps WGT should have been clear about that before lowering the levels, knowingly selling something that will have the licence revoked.

I know brands count for naught and we simply pay for the programmed "attributes" but some honesty would have been appreciated as there are some numptys who would buy purely on the "brand".

Funny when one looks for a "trusted brand" WGT would probably be so far removed from everyones minds....................

You would think that the rebrand wouldnt affect already purchased clubs . So yeah this is going to be real interesting .

• jacktrade51
    10,896 Posts
    Fri, Jan 27 2017 8:20 PM

You bought it with cash, it's yours.  It was not a rental.

WGT has killed off plenty of clubs in past for one reason or another, just none with prominence of Nikes, but everyone who owned it got to keep it.

I cannot imagine they would deviate from that, especially with all the Nike club owners out there.  People should calm down.

It's much more likely they will introduce new clubs with improved specs to try entice us to spend to buy/replace.  Depending on what they put up, it might or might not work with me.

Tom.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2017 9:06 AM

jacktrade51:

You bought it with cash, it's yours.  It was not a rental.

WGT has killed off plenty of clubs in past for one reason or another, just none with prominence of Nikes, but everyone who owned it got to keep it.

I cannot imagine they would deviate from that, especially with all the Nike club owners out there.  People should calm down.

It's much more likely they will introduce new clubs with improved specs to try entice us to spend to buy/replace.  Depending on what they put up, it might or might not work with me.

Tom.

+1 According to the latest post by WGT announcing the removal of Nike clubs this coming week the rebrand will only affect the replacement  clubs in the pro shop . It will not change the clubs which we own . The thread is titled " Heads Up nike clubs are going away " and Icon &WGT Universe stated the clubs would be removed this week and that the rebrand would not change the already purchased clubs . So all of this is from WGT .

I`m interested too in seeing what the rebrand is going to be . Will I buy them will depend on what they have to offer as far as the new specs . Since I have the now L95+ irons which never got an upgrade with the last nike club upgrade will just have to wait and see . Just have to now wait on the end of month update to see whats coming .

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Jan 29 2017 9:37 AM

IIRC, Icon stated that the clubs in our possession will not be touched. Although, the CS statement in this thread sounds different.

Nevertheless:

jacktrade51:
    You bought it with cash, it's yours.

Not correct.

We own nothing but limited licenses of everything in the game, starting with the credits. And, I'm guessing they may reserve the right to change everything, even Nike clubs.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2017 6:42 AM

alosso:

IIRC, Icon stated that the clubs in our possession will not be touched. Although, the CS statement in this thread sounds different.

Nevertheless:

jacktrade51:
    You bought it with cash, it's yours.

Not correct.

We own nothing but limited licenses of everything in the game, starting with the credits. And, I'm guessing they may reserve the right to change everything, even Nike clubs.

yep...i think they can remouve the nike logo or change the colour of my vapor but they have to keep on my irons the spin , distance and evry skill of this one. if u see the last irons released have a  + 0,5 on meter or precision..i don't remember..

i don't care if tomorrow morning they change the aspect of my irons...important is what skills they have.  

GB

RSS