Forums

Help › Forums

A Big Thank You WGT !

Thu, Feb 2 2017 6:42 AM (26 replies)
  • garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2016 12:10 PM

alanti:
    Funny when one looks for a "trusted brand" WGT would probably be so far removed from everyones minds

That's true Alan...What if those nice looking Vapor Fly woods turned into those drab WGT branded clubs...Would people notice "?.....Would they be upset ?

Just saying that's all. I hope visually they're just as good looking.  Time will tell.

Gary

• ct690911
    7,185 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2016 1:39 PM

garylewisgr:

alanti:
    Funny when one looks for a "trusted brand" WGT would probably be so far removed from everyones minds

That's true Alan...What if those nice looking Vapor Fly woods turned into those drab WGT branded clubs...Would people notice "?.....Would they be upset ?

Just saying that's all. I hope visually they're just as good looking.  Time will tell.

Gary

IMHO, they absolutely will notice ...I think part of the description for the fly woods (and other clubs) is how good they look. It's part of how they are marketed.

ct

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2016 3:23 PM

Hmmm,

When I hover over my Nike woods in my profile, I don't get any count down clock. Anybody else?

I wonder if it's just the putter. And if so, why?

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 7:27 PM

K7JBQ:

When I hover over my Nike woods in my profile, I don't get any count down clock. Anybody else?

I wonder if it's just the putter. And if so, why?

Same here. No timer/clock at all on my driver, 3 wood, or irons. 

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Thu, Jan 5 2017 11:02 PM

garylewisgr:
    What if those nice looking Vapor Fly woods turned into those drab WGT branded clubs...Would people notice "?.....Would they be upset ?

Some certainly would. Quite a few have intensly asked for "their" brand to appear, Adams, Titleist - waiting for a hysteric outcry if their beloved Nikes would be robbed from their bags...

It also works the other way round. I played IRL with a CC member and he told me that he bought his WGT wedges as real clubs. In the minimum, this has a psychological effect on his game, and the marketing deal proved effective.

Edit: Which impression would appear if they took away the Nikes only weeks after massively advertising "Buy them before they're gone!"?

• yldcatz
    65 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2017 11:02 PM

bump

• flexbomb
    380 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2017 8:22 AM

alosso:

garylewisgr:
    What if those nice looking Vapor Fly woods turned into those drab WGT branded clubs...Would people notice "?.....Would they be upset ?

Some certainly would. Quite a few have intensly asked for "their" brand to appear, Adams, Titleist - waiting for a hysteric outcry if their beloved Nikes would be robbed from their bags...

It also works the other way round. I played IRL with a CC member and he told me that he bought his WGT wedges as real clubs. In the minimum, this has a psychological effect on his game, and the marketing deal proved effective.

Edit: Which impression would appear if they took away the Nikes only weeks after massively advertising "Buy them before they're gone!"?

Great Point!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2017 11:11 PM

garylewisgr:
    "We are discontinuing all Nike equipment but it has been extended through January. When the Nike equipment are removed, we will  be replacing your equipment with a WGT Branded version with the same stats."

This is very interesting.  I wonder if that was meant to be known.  CS might have let the cat out of the bag   lol

I suppose it's time Wgt make an announcement if this is going to happen

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2017 5:39 AM

i hope they give us some warning im currently level 94 and am using the old R11 irons im trying to get to 95 before they dissaper so i can get the vapor irons.

obviously if i bought the nike 92 irons now they would be a massive upgrade on the r11s, but i don't want to buy them and then have to get the vapors in a few months.

but what happens if one day out of the blue they just pull them and put the new wgt equivelent back up to there old levels (97+ 100+) i will be left with my crappy old r11s and nothing!

this is the reason i stopped 18 months ago cause it would have taken so long to get to level 100 

RSS