Help › Forums

Bug List Database

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 28 2009 6:33 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 12:30 AM

Perhaps it would be wise to establish a List of Improvements that the WGT Team are working on.  What has been resolved etc..    So at a glance a player like myself can establish what is the current state of the software and the issues. 

This site has such great potential in providing a mechanism for competitive play as well as learning arena in such a way to outshine anything that is available today, and well into the future.   This game can and should be around for more than 30 years plus.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 3:24 PM

Why hasn't anyone responded to this request.  I think it is the easiest to implement as well as maintain.  At a glance one can ascertain the areas where the WGT Team are working on.  Details don't have to be given as to what was done to resolve an issue.  But acknowledgment would be greatly appreciated.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 3:34 PM

A high-quality bug tracker is no trivial matter. It's not easy to set up or maintain.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 4:21 PM

It is easy to setup and maintain. Because I've done it. 

The bug tracker would have keywords, followed by problem areas. 

For example, golf physics

• club
    • yardage
    • windage

Description of problem.   

The easiest approach would be to use Access Database.  Setup relational tables, etc..  The database doesn't need to be elaborate if you are using it for informational purposes only.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 4:45 PM

Well, I was talking about a high-quality bug-tracker. That, to my mind, is one that is web-based, to which users can themselves enter their queries, to which developers respond, from which users get email notifications whenever someone else discusses the same bug, etc. That kind of a thing is not triivial to set up & maintain.

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 5:07 PM

Faterson:
    Well, I was talking about a high-quality bug-tracker. 

Oooh, Infinito I think your relational table skillz just got punked on. It's on now!

Database Administrator Grudge Match!

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 5:14 PM

Yes!  Do it up Sabbath!

What more could you ask for?  You've got a futuristic superhero in Infinito3010 vs, the old school Slovakian wunderkind Faterson.

This I've gotta see.

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 5:18 PM

Haha, maybe tomorrow when I have some time. I've got to formulate an idea first. :]

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 5:55 PM

I apologize if I expressed myself unclearly. I'm not saying Infinito's idea isn't worthwhile, just that my idea of an ideal bug-tracker is one that facilitates interaction between developers & users. So, I meant something not for "informational purposes only". That is a one-way street, while my idea of the ideal bug-tracker is a 2-way street: developers talk to users & users talk to developers. And that sort of a tool isn't easy to set up or maintain.

BTW although I do get paid for the maintenance of a number of MySQL databases, I'm certain Infinito3010's skillz in this area far exceed mine. I would therefore beg of Sabbath270 to find another target for his satirical ridicule.  

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2009 6:31 PM

ForumKing:
      ...., I'm certain Infinito3010's skillz in this area far exceed mine. I would therefore beg of Sabbath270 to find another target for his satirical ridicule.   ...

There ya go!  FTFY.

Have a nice day!  =)

• PAGES
RSS